Are we ever going to see Lehkonen and Reway play for the Habs?

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Lehkonen yes
Reway no reminds me of Grabovski or S. Kostitsyn maybe his attitude problem is even worse. If he makes it won't be with us

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
tumblr_nr4zlezal31shr61qo1_1280.jpg

peter-budaj-jamie-mcbain-mikhail-grigorenko-nhl-preseason-buffalo-sabres-montreal-canadiens-850x560.jpg

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Holloway finished 18th in scoring in Switzerland last year, wasn't even PPG. He did rip apart the SEL/SHL a couple years back, but he did it when he was 24-25, not 20 years old.

this.

not worried about his size or his on ice play so much as his attitude/character question marks and his seemingly not too great relationship with the Habs right now. If he can get back in our good books and not be a problem then I think we really have something.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
They will both play in the NHL. But not for us. This is why I hate this team.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
this.

not worried about his size or his on ice play so much as his attitude/character question marks and his seemingly not too great relationship with the Habs right now. If he can get back in our good books and not be a problem then I think we really have something.

What's the deal with him and the Habs? The only team I'm aware of him having issues with is Sparta Praha, hence his departure for the Swiss league.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The Swiss league. Really? That's not as impressive as it sounds. Holloway has done the same.
Neither Reway or Lehkonen will see the nhl. Frames are way too small.
Wow. I guess Auston Matthews sucks too, eh?

Holloway was good in the Swiss league, but he was a grown man. Reway is 20. Big difference.

Not to mention, Holloway has never really had a shot. He's a great AHL player. No idea if he could chip in at the pro level.

What Reway is doing is nothing short of impressive.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I would like to see them both on the habs.

Reway could make an impact sooner rather than later.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I would like to see them both on the habs.

Reway could make an impact sooner rather than later.

How would Martin Reway have looked playing with Nathan MacKinnon on Halifax, instead of Drouin? I personally think Drouin is a large cut above talent wise & character, Lehkonen on the other hand has talent (Not like Drouin, few do!) & character in abundance, tough little ******* IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
The Swiss league. Really? That's not as impressive as it sounds. Holloway has done the same.
Neither Reway or Lehkonen will see the nhl. Frames are way too small.

The Swiss league is a very solid league. It isn't much of a step down from the SHL or FEL.

The real question with Reway is whether or not he will have the time and (especially) space to translate his game to the NHL, or even the AHL for that matter. But I'd be disappointed if he weren't given the opportunity to do so.

Lehkonen will very likely get a pro contract, he is the type of player Bergevin will like. I'm glad he has seemingly developed past his concussions/mono for the time being.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Crystal ball question to which no one knows the answer. I think they both will play in the NHL but might not be with the Habs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Are we ever going to see Lehkonen and Reway play for the Habs?

It's impossible to know for us. Neither has to be signed until June 2017 so we may have to wait till then to find out what management's plans are for each. With the way Lehkonen is playing this year, if he continues to progress then I got to think he will be signed and either brought over for 2017-2018 or loaned back to the SHL. Very interested to see how he would do in the AHL though so hopefully he's signed and brought over by then.

Reway I've seen a lot of him in the Czech league and I'd say he's easily one of the most skilled prospects we have if not the most skilled. That said I could see him staying in the Swiss league or going to the KHL next year. Hard to say what the plan is for him but he sounds like someone that is very concerned about money so I have had fears that he won't play in the AHL especially if he continues to put up numbers as Euro clubs will pay him a lot more then what he would make in the AHL on his ELC. Perhaps they sign him and do something like Emelin and just loan him back until he's ready for an NHL job.

On the other hand one or both could be used in a package at some point as I got to think management makes at least one or more moves to bring in some offensive help at some point.

Lehkonen is 5'11 and you're discussing him as if he is DD-sized.

People spend too much time looking at height imo, weight and lower body strength are more important imo.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm reasonably confident Lehkonen will cross over after next year. He's been coming to the summer camps and keeping in touch with the organization regarding his decisions so he seems at least open to it. Reway on the other hand has been snubbing the camps the last two years and signing deals without consulting with the Habs so his long term commitment isn't quite clear. We might have another Emelin situation with him, which is too bad cause he really has some skills and we might have to wait years before we get to know if he's got NHL potential.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Lehkonen is 5'11 and you're discussing him as if he is DD-sized.

People spend too much time looking at height imo, weight and lower body strength are more important imo.

It's the 163 lbs to 175 lbs reports that are problematic, not his height.

Not a lot of lower body strength for that height.

It's lower than what people were complaining about watching Leblanc.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think there but in the same boat, dominate the euro league and they might stay there or production might not translate in the NHL, the size doesn't make them great candidate to play on the bottom 6. Mtl could included them in a package to acquire player at the deadline... I think Reway will see some action in the NHL at some point but there probably only a 50% chance that it is with Mtl. Lehkonen is probably more 50/50 to see time in the NHL.

Reway is a top 6 player maybe even 1st line, I think he have more impact than Ghetto and Carr today. But he already make more money than he would playing in the NHL + is attitude/work ethic he might be up to Mtl expectation... Fact he left the Q for the Czech, than the Swiss A league and that he wasn't at trainning camp kind lift a red flag. He has a higher celling than Lehkonen but the boom or bust factor might be higher.

Lehkonen doesn't have the same ability to dominate offensively, but he does have good offensive upside. He could play on a 3rd line but because of is size I think if he isn't able to crack the top 6 he become a interchangeble player.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
If i had to bet i'd put my money on lehkonen.... his playing style reminds me somewhat of a skilled na player, his size is definately a big question mark but i like the way he plays a lot

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

With height comes reach and that's a nice complement to weight and lower body strength.

And speed and quickness isn't only the lot of smaller players. Of course, we wouldn't know that in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad