are we alive?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I think everyone's taking an impromptu - but much needed! hiatus for a couple of weeks, here in the dog days of summer. It'll pick up again before long with the conclusion of free agency and the beginning of re-rates.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Ya, we have a few points of unfinished business with free agency, but there's no rush there. In terms of trading though, it's just August. The NHL is quiet right now as well. The top story of the week is another Kostitsyn complaining about another coach - it's dead all-round.

Aren't you people with careers and families supposed to be on vacation right now anyways?

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Funny, I was going to ask the exact same question. Even sent Mickey, Richie and Dickie an email earlier in the week and no response. Figured Kershaw was tired of his imaginary friends and made some real friends.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I think we all - or most of us - probably needed a breather for a bit. Just so happens that Kershaw's a bit busy, which I guess has caused some additional delay in free agency...but frankly, I think the delay's rather fortuitous.

Some of the groundwork was already laid for the ratings right at the end of the season, so all should be good...

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
This is the typical August cool down for the HFNHL. Which is well timed since many of us are ramping up for the start of the NFL season. Are you ready for some football?!!

Go Vikes!

GM Kruegs

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
This is the typical August cool down for the HFNHL. Which is well timed since many of us are ramping up for the start of the NFL season. Are you ready for some football?!!

Go Vikes!

GM Kruegs

Frankly the time off is needed as my mind is on the NFL as well. Ordered Sunday Ticket on the weekend, I'm ready to go!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Frankly the time off is needed as my mind is on the NFL as well. Ordered Sunday Ticket on the weekend, I'm ready to go!

I'm already in the midst of drafting in my dynasty keeper league..... only 2 more leagues to draft in - if I had TV I might get ST.... but I don't... I didn't even watch a single game last year. Bah. Maybe when LA actually gets a team or my Bronco's are decent to watch again

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I'm already in the midst of drafting in my dynasty keeper league..... only 2 more leagues to draft in - if I had TV I might get ST.... but I don't... I didn't even watch a single game last year. Bah. Maybe when LA actually gets a team or my Bronco's are decent to watch again

Doesn't the NFL Have a similar app to MLB where you can watch via computer or iPad?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Doesn't the NFL Have a similar app to MLB where you can watch via computer or iPad?

Yup. Gamecenter. Use it with a subscription to the service and you can watch games live on your iPad. Its the centre ice for people like me who have no cable/satellite. I just hooked it up to my playstation. They have an app so now I can watch it on TV. Awesome. One game on TV. Another on my iPhone. Another on the iPad. Another on the macbook. Boom. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad