are we a faster team without Clarkson?

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
He's managing to make Grabo's shortened season look like a work of art in comparison :(

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He's managing to make Grabo's shortened season look like a work of art in comparison :(

Everyone focused on his point production and did not see how Grabo was able to shadow guys like Crosby and work with Dion to almost eliminate guys like that from the game completely. Completely went over the heads of the fanbase.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I don't like this idea some people have that people who are strongly critical of Clarkson are somehow enjoying their team do poorly and WANT him to fail. There are probably only a small number of people posting here that want the Leafs to tank at this point.

Speaking for myself, I want nothing more than for Clarkson to suddenly snap out of it and start tearing it up for us. I just don't see any reason to be optimistic about that happening. With each passing game it seems more and more likely that the worst thing about this contract isn't even the unreasonable cap-hit but the length. This is hurting the team already and we've got six more years.

If you don't think it's hurting the team, I don't know what games you've been watching. He takes dumb penalties, kills offensive opportunities, and looks confused in the defensive zone.

I also don't buy the argument that as the cap goes up his contract won't look so bad. Doesn't really matter if any contract we would have had instead of his was signed under the current cap. This argument certainly wasn't being made for Grabovski. In fact none of the excuses being made for Clarkson were made for Grabovski. New coach, new system? Nobody thought that was avalid excuse. Pressure of a big new contract? Is that even an excuse in the first place? Give him time? Nope.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't like this idea some people have that people who are strongly critical of Clarkson are somehow enjoying their team do poorly and WANT him to fail. There are probably only a small number of people posting here that want the Leafs to tank at this point.

Speaking for myself, I want nothing more than for Clarkson to suddenly snap out of it and start tearing it up for us. I just don't see any reason to be optimistic about that happening. With each passing game it seems more and more likely that the worst thing about this contract isn't even the unreasonable cap-hit but the length. This is hurting the team already and we've got six more years.

If you don't think it's hurting the team, I don't know what games you've been watching. He takes dumb penalties, kills offensive opportunities, and looks confused in the defensive zone.

I also don't buy the argument that as the cap goes up his contract won't look so bad. Doesn't really matter if any contract we would have had instead of his was signed under the current cap. This argument certainly wasn't being made for Grabovski. In fact none of the excuses being made for Clarkson were made for Grabovski. New coach, new system? Nobody thought that was avalid excuse. Pressure of a big new contract? Is that even an excuse in the first place? Give him time? Nope.

Don worry in 20 more games Clarkson will be steam rolled out of town by the fans. Thing is no takers probably.

Heis3nberg

Jul 8, 2010
I really wish there was a gif of Clarkson on that 2 on 1 from yesterday. He looked like a peewee player whose coach never taught him what to do on a 2 on 1.

Clarkson sucks.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I really wish there was a gif of Clarkson on the 2 on 1 from yesterday. He looked like a peewee player whose coach never taught him what to do on a 2 on 1.

Clarkson sucks.

This guys contract and term makes the Jeff Finger deal not look so bad. And Finger was not even terrible he was put away to hide the shame mostly.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
I really wish there was a gif of Clarkson on that 2 on 1 from yesterday. He looked like a peewee player whose coach never taught him what to do on a 2 on 1.

Clarkson sucks.

Intangibles my friend, he provides comedy which can't be measured in goals and assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad