Are there any Untouchables?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Rask, Bergeron, Hamilton

Gretzky was traded so in reality anyone can be traded for the right price.

I used to be in the "if Gretz can be traded anyone can" crowd

Truth is, Pocklington was in a ton of financial trouble, McNall offered players, three first rounders AND 15 mill which at that time, IF I recall correctly was about 18.5 mill Canadian

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
Let's be serious here Crosby has won a cup so when you say he hasn't done a anything in the playoffs that's a joke. If Crosby was traded it would be a team like Edmonton or the Islanders not to a Stanley cup contender like Boston there is no reason to do it. Like a person said earlier there is no such thing is untouchable in this league players move for the right price and if someone offered a absurd package for your elite player you should take it and run. I bet you see Ovi traded in the next few years if Washington doesn't win a cup soon.

acr*

Bergeron is untouchable and is the only player on the team at that status. Chara probably is untouchable because no one would deal for him this late in his career and pay a return that gives us what he gives us. Lucic is very close imo, but not necessarily because of his true on ice value. He is achieving O'Reilly-esque cult status. If he keeps producing like has been through this contract, I expect he will get a big ticket deal from Boston again and be a Bruin for life.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
tumblr_md0z7efPz71qbtmhy.gif

HanktheHammer*

I used to be in the "if Gretz can be traded anyone can" crowd

Truth is, Pocklington was in a ton of financial trouble, McNall offered players, three first rounders AND 15 mill which at that time, IF I recall correctly was about 18.5 mill Canadian

I believe Pocklington is still in financial trouble. He still owes money on a failed business venture and to the IRS on back taxes, penalties and interest. Arizona authorities arrested him in his home a few months ago. PP might be in house arrest now.

Pocklington also Messier for cash and players also. Those transactions didn't help him get out of hock. Because of his greed for cash in league trades, the NHL now prohibits large cash transactions to be involved in NHL player trades.

I still believe anyone can be traded for the right price. There are no "untouchables" on the current Bruin roster in my opinion.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Bergeron and Rask are as close as they come. Rask mostly because it would be near impossible to get a goalie back of his/near his caliber - assuming the team is trading for him since they don't have a decent goalie. If I knew we could get a top 10 NHL goalie back somehow (Price, Quick, healthy Rinne, Bobrovsky, Varlamov) then yeah I'd move Rask for a blockbuster deal. But that is so unlikely he becomes untouchable.

As for Bergeron, it would be a massive, massive overpayment. People saying you don't trade him for Crosby are ridiculous. You trade and you add. Bergy is wonderful, but Crosby is the best player in the world. Imagine Crosby playing with Boston's depth...wow.

Dougie is in the same boat as Bergy since his potential upside is so high and he calms my "Chara is declining" fears.

77bestever*

Hamilton Bergeron........Lucic, because it would be hard to replace his physical game...

Rask as well but his shine is starting to dull a bit in my eyes. The Cup loss to Chicago and especially the last game. He stood there like a deer in a headlights with that stupid look on his face...Then not coming up big VS Montreal last season. I was never ready to anoint this guy the best and still not. Great for Finland last Olympics and great sometimes...Just loses concentration sometimes and is prone to weak goals and gets flustered. Look at Chad Johnsons numbers last year. They were outstanding. Just saying RASK could be a product of our team defensive system and not so much a great goalie. Not saying he is or is not...Just saying the jury is out on this guy. Trading him is not an option though because we have nobody else at this point....But if SUBBAN is the real deal in a year or two and we have not won with Rask....Then you gotta think about dumping that 7 million....Which he is not worth at this moment.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hamilton Bergeron........Lucic, because it would be hard to replace his physical game...

Rask as well but his shine is starting to dull a bit in my eyes. The Cup loss to Chicago and especially the last game. He stood there like a deer in a headlights with that stupid look on his face...Then not coming up big VS Montreal last season. I was never ready to anoint this guy the best and still not. Great for Finland last Olympics and great sometimes...Just loses concentration sometimes and is prone to weak goals and gets flustered. Look at Chad Johnsons numbers last year. They were outstanding. Just saying RASK could be a product of our team defensive system and not so much a great goalie. Not saying he is or is not...Just saying the jury is out on this guy. Trading him is not an option though because we have nobody else at this point....But if SUBBAN is the real deal in a year or two and we have not won with Rask....Then you gotta think about dumping that 7 million....Which he is not worth at this moment.

I don't disagree with some of this.

Rask on his A-game is amazing. But I do think it's a bit too easy to get under his skin (certain teams/situations). He kinda unceremoniously fell flat a few times (Philly collapse from 3-0, Blackhawks late game during an elimination game, and completely being outplayed by Carey Price last playoffs). All it takes is for him to get really hot in May and June, and cup could be ours again. But we'll see.

Rask will likely be given the Chara years, while Chara is still a #1 defenseman, but if he hasn't won a cup by then, I could see them moving him and going with Subban around 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00