Are there any good places to view prospects in-depth? (Video sites, stat sites)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
So I've heard Instat is raising prices of their hockey coverage which will make it hard to keep it for viewing prospects. Is there any place that does a good job at having information on prospects? Whether it's a clip based site like InStat or a stat based site like Pick224. I'm looking for more places to get info if possible.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
As an internet scout - I can tell you finding VOD for free can be difficult. The best advice I can give you is watch the games live, record them yourself and go from there.

What sort of streaming packages/sites do you suggest for watching juniors and overseas games?

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Two of my fav tips that many may not know

The USNTDP archive all their games for free on their site in HD. This team is a must scout. Every year at least half or more of that team will get drafted. If you line it up with them playing a USHL team deep in draft talent (Youngstown for example this year) you’re watching upwards of 15 draft eligible players; ranging from the elite to draft sleepers

LINK - You have a game recap, boxscore, highlights and at the bottom, the full game

The MHL archives every game in HD on their website. Some draft watching is tough with crappy camera angles or crappy streams. However, these are full high end productions. Only downside is non-English broadcasts, but once you dial in on the prospects you’re watching, it becomes easier to pick them out. While the broadcasts are Russian, the site is offered in English so navigating to the games you want is easy

LINK - Here’s a link to the video page for a random Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (Daniil But and Dmitri Simashev) playoff game. First video is highlights. Second is the archived game. You can watch every game from the top Russian prospects for free. But, Simashev and Mikhail Gulyayev (Omskie) all had monster playoffs. Must watch

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Two of my fav tips that many may not know

The USNTDP archive all their games for free on their site in HD. This team is a must scout. Every year at least half or more of that team will get drafted. If you line it up with them playing a USHL team deep in draft talent (Youngstown for example this year) you’re watching upwards of 15 draft eligible players; ranging from the elite to draft sleepers

LINK - You have a game recap, boxscore, highlights and at the bottom, the full game

The MHL archives every game in HD on their website. Some draft watching is tough with crappy camera angles or crappy streams. However, these are full high end productions. Only downside is non-English broadcasts, but once you dial in on the prospects you’re watching, it becomes easier to pick them out. While the broadcasts are Russian, the site is offered in English so navigating to the games you want is easy

LINK - Here’s a link to the video page for a random Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (Daniil But and Dmitri Simashev) playoff game. First video is highlights. Second is the archived game. You can watch every game from the top Russian prospects for free. But, Simashev and Mikhail Gulyayev (Omskie) all had monster playoffs. Must watch
There's a lot more available for free and on demand on YouTube, e. g. all Slovak Extraliga games, some of their second-tier league as well as some of the Swiss and Czech U20s. Many German U20 teams stream on Sportdeutschland.tv or sporttotal.tv.

Not the top-tier leagues of course, but valuable if you're looking for specific players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad