TSN: Are the Sens solid enough in goal for next season? [YOST]

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Im probably going to regret this, but I really like Matt Murray.. And I believe hes going to kill it next season. And I bet we are in and Anderson v Lehner v Bishop type dilemma when his contract expires (with Gus and Soggy) - ie a great one to be in, that we misplayed badly in hindsight..

He look horrendous last season at the start no doubt. But for whatever reason after the goalie coaching change was made, he looked like a man reborn. And he 100% found his game.

Reactions: Crosside

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Next season we will have the following D with NHL contracts:
Chabot - Zaitsev
Del Zotto - Zub
Mete - J.Brown
Holden

Is Holden that far down in our depth chart? I'm not sure where he fits, but he seemed to play decently for the VGK during the playoffs. Hoping he is able to make some kind of reasonably decent contribution.

Reactions: Cosmix

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Goaltending seem deeper than last season...Forwards arent Dadanov and Dzingle werent perfect but they both had over 10 goals...Defense is around the same...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is how I see next season playing out, it should be another interesting yr where the Sens move on from a number of their UFAs by the trade deadline & replace them with their prospects who they think are NHL ready. I expect that Holden, J. Brown, Mete, Tierny & Forsberg should all be gone by the TDL & replaced internally, not sure about Paul, he should be re-signed. Once the defence is purged Brannstrom, JBD & Thomson should get their opportunities on defence & Gus in net.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson - this line worked well last yr & I doubt it changes
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown - they ended the yr together & should get an opportunity this yr
Paul - L. Brown - White - Sokolov replaces White after the TDL
Formenton - Tierny - Watson - White replaces Tierny after the TDL

Chabot - Zaitsev - I don't see anyone usurping Zaitsev to start the season
MDZ - Zub - MDZ has replaced Reilly on defence
Holden - J. Brown/Mete - this is an interesting pairing that could have their troubles

Murray - Forsberg/Gustavsson - I expect Gus to replace Forsberg by the TDL

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Is Holden that far down in our depth chart? I'm not sure where he fits, but he seemed to play decently for the VGK during the playoffs. Hoping he is able to make some kind of reasonably decent contribution.

Hard to say where he will slot in. Could be on the Third pair ahead of Mete or J. Brown. Given his age I don't see him as more than that.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I find Mendes at the Athletic writes more interesting hockey columns than Garrioch. Garrioch seems to be a "reporter" rather than an investigative reporter or topical writer.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I find Mendes at the Athletic writes more interesting hockey columns than Garrioch. Garrioch seems to be a "reporter" rather than an investigative reporter or topical writer.
I would wonder if Holden is ahead of several of our potential bottom 6 defenders including possibly MDZ. Not going to place any bets on it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad