Are the Montreal Canadiens not as bad as people expected them to be?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I love these threads early in the season...yes Montreal is a bad team going forward and they will be well ensconced in the bottom 5 by the end of this season....and I am hardly going out on the limb predicting that....just look at that roster!!!

Price is too good for a bottom 5 finish.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Nope, they finished bottom 5 in 2012 and last year and they will again this year with Price.

Thank the good lord you are here to tell us that. I will stop wasting my time actually watching the games now knowing exactly where they will fall in the standings.

Any idea about next year or should I not bother as well?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I would be fine with the way we are playing and competing if we miss the playoffs and get a top-10 pick. I don't think anyone expected this team to be in the playoffs anyway. Everyone is working hard and there's a lot of things to like

If most of our young guys keep on playing well and developping, and we don't suffer any long term injuries to any key players, I think this season will be a success.

Whoever we pick in the top-10 should be a decent prospect, and don't forget both Suzuki and Poehling could be NHL ready next year. There is a lot to like here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad