Are The Jets Frauds?

Are The Jets Frauds?

• Total voters

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
That may be, in which case the team is screwed for the long term. The leadership (or lack there of) was supposedly addressed in the off season. Got rid of Wheeler, got rid of the malcontent Dubois, made gritty Lowry the captain, and signed the 2 UFA to be stars to long term contracts.

Hellebucyk has delivered. Scheifele looked like a new player. All was good. Until it wasn't.
There's a comment from Adam Oates years back about how he coaches players to play not to get hurt... Scheif's game has had glaring weaknesses since 2017-18 - when he was injured for about 20 games

Now was 2017 an outlier and he's not mentally prepared to play 82? Or did he change his style of play? After our playoff run, we had 5 years of pouting Scheifele - we blamed Wheeler - and then this year we had half a season of Beast Mode now we get beast mode 'once in a while'.

Reactions: GNP and SSCBLUEJET

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I don't think there are enough consequences, more or less equally distributed to everybody on the roster, for underperformance. There are players who straight up will never lose their status and their roster spot when they don't do well. New stuff isn't being tried. Internal competition does not exist. The personnel at the top, who are responsible for this, stay.

Years of me being right about it haven't changed a damn thing. Chevy has assembled a roster good enough not to crash and burn by game 10 of the season, but not good enough to overcome their obstacles by itself. Very few teams can do that, to be fair, but most contenders have the people in charge mix things up when needed. Why we lack that is beyond me. They've shown they can do it, and that they even know how to do it. Where is that now?

Reactions: Jack7222

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Did I say that it was the reason they’re losing? I’m just giving examples of Bowness’s blind spots and stupidity. Samberg pooping the bed? You’re either not watching this team very much and creating a narrative, or you don’t know what you’re talking about.
You’re the one complaining about him playing Stanley now that Stanley’s finally playing acceptable. Stanley haters/ Samberg lovers have always followed their own narrative.

Samberg was playing his best hockey earlier this season. He’s been our weakest defenseman lately (although Pionk may have something to say about that).

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
I agree. I am not optimistic on the long term. Thought maybe this year was going to be different. I thought wrong.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Lots of teams don’t hate losing. We are one of them. I feel for the guys who aren’t in that category. Both of them.

Reactions: macmaroon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad