Are the Flyers the worst team in the league (besides Edmonton)?

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Obviously there are worse teams in terms of points, but personally this team is atrocious. At least with Edmonton they are amazingly young. This team is just pure garbage.

-There's no system at all in any facet of the game
-The defense is borderline peewee-ish when trying to exit the zone and start a breakout. If there isn't an absolute clear lane, the D-men look lost
-And to add to that point, the defense is just plain bad. For as much money collectively as they are making, how can a defense as a core be this bad?
-Mason is average at best
-If Giroux and/or Voracek don't score the chances of the Flyers winning is very low
-And the "coach" is a joke

So I ask the rest of you...is this team the worst in the league? **BESIDES EDMONTON**

Last edited by a moderator:

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Also keep in mind that Edmonton plays in the West, which everyone can agree is the stronger conference, and is one of, if not the youngest team in the league.

jr13

Nov 12, 2006
not yet

but give it some time - new group In Edmonton and if this group stays together, we only have to catch Buffalo and Edmonton to get the top pick because Carolina and NJ are going to blow right by us.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
No, Toronto was probably asking themselves that last year. And with that media, yikes. This team is dysfunctional. At least we have a gm with a plan. The coilers have too many old coilers. Mac t and his cronies. And they go 3 for 3 in the lotto. I wanna take odds like that to Vegas. And we go 0 for 1 in 07. Jvr is a late bloomer, but not getting Kane, meant 2 cups for Hawks, none for us.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Obviously there are worse teams in terms of points, but personally this team is atrocious. At least with Edmonton they are amazingly young. This team is just pure garbage.

-There's no system at all in any facet of the game
-The defense is borderline peewee-ish when trying to exit the zone and start a breakout. If there isn't an absolute clear lane, the D-men look lost
-And to add to that point, the defense is just plain bad. For as much money collectively as they are making, how can a defense as a core be this bad?
-Mason is average at best
-If Giroux and/or Voracek don't score the chances of the Flyers winning is very low
-And the "coach" is a joke

So I ask the rest of you...is this team the worst in the league?

You kidding me buddy?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Mason is better than average. Berube screwing up the PK is the reason his SV% is lower this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad