Are the Flyers bringing back the Broad Street Bully mentality?

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Think about it.

• Rosehill and Rinaldo got extensions
    Lamarche was signed
    Laughton was taken earlier then expected (He has fought quite a bit)
    There's more videos of Morin fighting than him playing
    Goulbourne probably shouldn't have been taken in the third
    Lecavalier isn't known for fighting but he drops the mitts from time to time
    Talbot and McGinn can fight

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Talbot can't really dish em out...but he can take them and take em forever and thats just as good of a strength.

SgtJoseph*

I hope so ! Nothing wrong with the old bullies attitude and success, it still sells to this day !

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Im not sure it's ever left. The Flyers have always tried to ice a tough, in your face competitive type of team. Some of your examples don't really reflect that though.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
yes with Simmonds Talbot etc the flyers are building a team where even the goons can score.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
It never left. That's why the rafters are devoid of Cup banners for the last 35+ years. We still try to play 70s style hockey in the 2010s.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lecavalier has 3 fights in the last 4 years.

However, they were all this season just-passed, and two of them were against the Flyers

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Think about it.

Lamarche was signed

Outside of Rinaldo, Rosehill, & possibly Goulbourne (I know very little about him) the rest have other skill sets than fighting or don't fight as much.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To me it senses the need to crash the boards harder and have more size. That's what I get out of it. It will be an interesting season in Philadelphia as it is always. If anyone had a clue about Lecavalier before a few days ago and has proof. Power to you. Holmgren there at his finest.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Think about it.

Lamarche was signed

:facepalm::facepalm::shakehead:facepalm::facepalm:

Happy 4th sports fans.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Lamarche has literally had two fights in the last two years. Morin had four last year. Laughton had three last year. :laugh:

The OP failed badly on this one.

Totally agreed. Id be embarassed!

The only thing I've seen of Lamarche was him fighting. Laughton was suspended twice (maybe three times I can't remember) and is a tough player.
I'm just asking what other Fans think, you don't have to be ****** about it.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Think about it.

Lamarche was signed

Thought about it.

No.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The only thing I've seen of Lamarche was him fighting. Laughton was suspended twice (maybe three times I can't remember) and is a tough player.
I'm just asking what other Fans think, you don't have to be ****** about it.

Sorry man but you should have done your homework before posting this. I wasn't the only one who thought it made no sense.

The reason you see only fights of junior players is because not many people upload clips from juniors videos that much on the Internet. There's a popular website called hockeyfights.com that does upload fighting videos from all leagues that's why they're on the Internet so much.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Respectfully, not so sure either of those 2 are " GOONS" ?

no, but just because a player is tough doesn't mean he isn't talented. the flyers have an established brand. if you don't like it root for someone else. in philly they play tough hockey.

Ilya Bryzastor

May 13, 2013
Philadelphia
To a point kind of , The broad street bullies were in a different time , something like that would be hard to do again because of all the suspensions , the rule in which you get suspended if you fight at the end of a game , kicked from the game after 3 fights , more penalties. But I can see what you're saying , yea they will be a tough team to play against for years to come.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
It never left. That's why the rafters are devoid of Cup banners for the last 35+ years. We still try to play 70s style hockey in the 2010s.

You do know the Bruins won a cup in 2010, right? Don't act like that's the reason we haven't won a cup since the 70's just because you don't like that style of hockey. It's been because of goaltending, plain and simple.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
You do know the Bruins won a cup in 2010, right? Don't act like that's the reason we haven't won a cup since the 70's just because you don't like that style of hockey. It's been because of goaltending, plain and simple.

That's right. It wasn't the fact that the Bruins iced 4 great lines, a great defense, and a great goaltender. They bullied their way to a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad