Are the Coyotes Done this Offseason?

Are the Coyotes done?

• Total voters

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
It's been one of the most exciting offseasons we have ever had thus far. We got our first superstar since the Roenick/Tkachuk days, a billionaire owner passionate about winning and keeping the team in Arizona, a big net front presence who can potentially pot 20 goals, and we re-signed pretty much everyone worth re-signing.

However it wasn't all great. Letting Scott Allen walk for nothing is tough, and our depth looks somewhat weaker than years prior, but all-in-all i would consider this summer a huge step forward.

Additions:
Alex Meruelo
Phil Kessel
Carl Soderberg
Beau Bennett
Phil Housley

Subtractions:
Alex Galchenyuk
Nick Cousins
Richard Panik
Josh Archibald
Kevin Connauton
Scott Allen

Do you think the Coyotes are done?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sadly yes. I’d prefer they ditch Hossa and give Boyle and Shattenkirk each one-year deals in an effort to give Hayton and Soderstrom each another development year. I doubt any of that will happen, though.

I think Chayka really wants to see Hayton and Soderstrom in the NHL this season. I think he’d rather not give his coaching staff too many other options.

I don’t like rushing prospects. I don’t like penciling in spots. I don’t like our lack of depth when injuries inevitably hit us.

I feel like Chayka is banking on not getting struck by injury lightning twice. Probability doesn’t work that way. Yes the injury coin toss came up tails six times in a row last season. Doesn’t mean we’re any more likely to get heads. Luck does not necessarily even out.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Personally, I believe there could be some minor moves or things like that but the Yotes are done with the big stuff for the roster. Now that I've said it... looking for Chayka and Co to come prove me wrong ha.

But I am happy enough with the off season so far.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think we have one more relatively minor deal to be made. Like a middle 6 player we sign, or maybe trade for.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Wouldn't mind Frolik for our middle 6 if we could make the numbers work, seems like the flames need more space for RFAs even after the Stone buy out.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I feel like Chayka is banking on not getting struck by injury lightning twice. Probability doesn’t work that way. Yes the injury coin toss came up tails six times in a row last season. Doesn’t mean we’re any more likely to get heads.
No it doesn't but a low probability is still a low probability. So unless you think the probability of getting slammed by injuries like that is high, banking it won't happen this season is still sound.

Luck does not necessarily even out.
It's too bad because if luck evened out the Coyotes would be on the cusp of a dynasty!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Luck does not necessarily even out.

I used to yell this at fellow baseball fans through the interwebs in the 00's and I was mostly ignored. And even if it does turn around it doesn't have to do so on your timetable.

But anyway I think if you look at the injuries we can separate some luck from non-luck ones:
Chychrun: Probably not bad luck (unfortunately)
Raanta injury #1 (probably bad luck)
Raanta injury #2 ( I don't think this was bad luck I thought he was rushed back)
Schmaltz (probably bad luck)
Capo (Bad luck)
Demers (bad luck)

Speaking of injuries, I wonder how Grabner's sight is these days.

banking it won't happen this season is still sound.

Being the Coyotes, some other terrible calamity will ensue though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad