Are Leaf fans finally ready for a rebuild now.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

hotpaws, you do this ever few months. You get called out on garbage then cry about it. You jump to conclusions, make idiotic statements and lie about opinions to try and save save.

No answer again so back to the personal attacks . Maybe you can throw in another childish pm as well for good measure .

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
You're one of those people who refuse to accept the reality that even with Kessel this team has missed the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years . So wtf was the point of the trade ?

If Kessel is worth more than 2 firsts then call up Buffalo and Cal and see if they'll swap us there next 2 firsts for PK .

But you can't compare Buffalo with the Leafs at the time when Burke made the trade. Buffalo are rebuilding and Burke only retooled to get us in to the playoffs. You know he added Komisarek and managed to get a rookie goalie from Europe for free.

Disgruntled Observer*

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

hotpaws, you do this ever few months. You get called out on garbage then cry about it. You jump to conclusions, make idiotic statements and lie about opinions to try and save save.

You're daring to throw stones?
You and your ilk have been dead wrong about EVERYTHING for almost 10 straight years.
Must be embarrassing...

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
So why is it you're advocating the most difficult path in building a cup contending team?
Plenty of ways to build a team, if we focus on drafting I won't cry about it. I've always said it takes good moves in all areas above all else to win a cup. Relying on 1 method is questionable and limits your chances for success.

But I've told you that before.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No answer again so back to the personal attacks . Maybe you can throw in another childish pm as well for good measure .
Answer to what, whether or not I like mediocrity? Why bother responding, when you can't keep up with answers anyways. In a month you'll just lie about it anyways. Maybe even go back and edit/delete a few posts too.

Seriously though, did you ever think about my offer I sent you via PM? I know a few people that can help you.

Disgruntled Observer*

As embarrassing as demanding high picks then saying we didn't get high picks?

Not as embarrassing as when we FINALLY DO FINISH WITH A TOP 3 PICK, OUR DIVISIONAL RIVAL HOLDS OUR FIRST ROUND ****ING PICK!!!!

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Answer to what, whether or not I like mediocrity? Why bother responding, when you can't keep up with answers anyways. In a month you'll just lie about it anyways. Maybe even go back and edit/delete a few posts too.

Seriously though, did you ever think about my offer I sent you via PM? I know a few people that can help you.

You talk a lot of crap that you can't back up and then accuse people of deleting there posts when you're called on it .

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't think that Toronto is ready for a rebuild.

If you look at half of the proposals, they involve trading away guys like Kadri and Gardiner. And while you have to give some quality players to get them back, people aren't understanding that the new players that are coming up or into the organization are going to be the same age and less polished than what they currently have.

Plus, the Leafs aren't as far away as everyone thinks. The hardest thing to find is goal scoring and the Leafs have an abundance of guys on the team that can do that. You need to find 3 new defencemen and make the forwards buy into a team defence style and you'll be fine.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
ummm DO how can they be embarrassed?

they like the leafs think there really is not much wrong here.

yup and they'll keep believing it regardless of how many mediocre years this team strings together

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Don't rebuild but GET STRONG DOWN THE MIDDLE ie, trade Kessel for a #1C, because he's the only leaf that has high enough trade value to lure a franchise center, like, say, John Tavares

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Don't rebuild but GET STRONG DOWN THE MIDDLE ie, trade Kessel for a #1C, because he's the only leaf that has high enough trade value to lure a franchise center, like, say, John Tavares

What franchise would trade away their #1 center for a winger, top scorer that he is?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
yup and they'll keep believing it regardless of how many mediocre years this team strings together
Ask Faltorvo how he liked the big boy board and how it was to crawl back to HF Leafs board

You talk a lot of crap that you can't back up and then accuse people of deleting there posts when you're called on it .
Can't back up like this quote here
there's still plenty of people here who think teams are just going to hand you there elite players for spare parts and there's no reason to draft and develop your own home grown talent .

I had your exact post quoted before, so the delete didn't do anything, btw.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
What franchise would trade away their #1 center for a winger, top scorer that he is?

Florida holds the 3rd pick. Sam Bennett range.
Florida has Barkov,Bjugstad,Pirri. Florida could use D and wingers more now.
If Ekbkad is gone, I'm working hard to move up. Leafs 1st, Phaneuf,(even rights to Bolland if we aren't keeping him). Florida gets a D and excellent winger prospect in a Ritchie,Virtanen at our pick.
If I can add Bennett to the core of JVR,Kessel,Rielly,Gardiner,Bernier, I just did my rebuild. I'd move Kadri for a D to replace Phaneuf. Sign a UFA like Fayne and work in the Marlies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Ask Faltorvo how he liked the big boy board and how it was to crawl back to HF Leafs board

Can't back up like this quote here

I had your exact post quoted before, so the delete didn't do anything, btw.

I don't have a delete option so i have no idea why the **** you keep saying this.

Also my point still stands , if we're not going to draft these players how the hell are we going to acquire them?

I said since I've joined the easiest way to build a team was to tank for a few years while selling at the t/d and loading up on picks and prospects and then supplement the drafted core through trades and the odd ufa signing but was flamed because the Burke following choose to believe the loudmouth could shortcut our rebuild.

I have no idea what point you've been trying to make these many years outside of holding a grudge against anyone who had a bad word to say against your hero JFJ.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
We need a number one C. Great. Who is gonna trade us there's and there aren't any in free agency.

We need a number one D. x2 ^^^

We're just gonna have to get them the old fashioned way. 3 to 5 years in the basement.

Beats the hell out of what has happened since the Lock out with the Leafs. One playoff appearance, zero playoff victories.

And call me crazy, but I don't think Toronto fans would hate watching young franchise superstars develop before their eyes. Sounds pretty damned awesome to me. And it will then only be a matter of time (god willing) that this group would finally bring the cup back to Toronto.

Start today.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Florida holds the 3rd pick. Sam Bennett range.
Florida has Barkov,Bjugstad,Pirri. Florida could use D and wingers more now.
If Ekbkad is gone, I'm working hard to move up. Leafs 1st, Phaneuf,(even rights to Bolland if we aren't keeping him). Florida gets a D and excellent winger prospect in a Ritchie,Virtanen at our pick.
If I can add Bennett to the core of JVR,Kessel,Rielly,Gardiner,Bernier, I just did my rebuild. I'd move Kadri for a D to replace Phaneuf. Sign a UFA like Fayne and work in the Marlies.

I could see Florida moving down but i'd think they'd want Rielly or JVR and our pick .

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I don't have a delete option so i have no idea why the **** you keep saying this.

Also my point still stands , if we're not going to draft these players how the hell are we going to acquire them?

I said since I've joined the easiest way to build a team was to tank for a few years while selling at the t/d and loading up on picks and prospects and then supplement the drafted core through trades and the odd ufa signing but was flamed because the Burke following choose to believe the loudmouth could shortcut our rebuild.

I have no idea what point you've been trying to make these many years outside of holding a grudge against anyone who had a bad word to say against your hero JFJ.

like I said some folks are just iggy worthy.:laugh:

I get bored of hearing the same people be so wrong on the same topic for 6 straight real life years.

it's like the neighbors chiwawa

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I could see Florida moving down but i'd think they'd want Rielly or JVR and our pick .

This is just my musings, don't know how things play out. After the last 8 years I will only put my faith in Tim and Shanny if they manage to get us the piece Burke/Nonis couldn't. I need to be shown something to believe. No more promises. Can they make decisions that might take us 1 step back but then 2 steps forward? Until then they are just new suits running the bad luck Leafs.

e84*

right now we are in 8th last place... I don't know much about this year's draft... how are the top 10 looking?

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
We signed Phaneuf and Clarkson to 7 year deals worth over 5 each. You think we can rebuild??

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
This is just my musings, don't know how things play out. After the last 8 years I will only put my faith in Tim and Shanny if they manage to get us the piece Burke/Nonis couldn't. I need to be shown something to believe. No more promises. Can they make decisions that might take us 1 step back but then 2 steps forward? Until then they are just new suits running the bad luck Leafs.

You're right talks cheap and unfortunately for the new guys BB/DN have used up all the fans patience .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
We signed Phaneuf and Clarkson to 7 year deals worth over 5 each. You think we can rebuild??

I could see us being able to move DP . The Islanders could be an option , they're desperate and have plenty of cap space .

Clarktard however will be part of our family for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad