Are individual stats up this year?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Are there more players at a PPG pace 1/4 of the way into the season than in recent years? It feels that way to me, but I don't usually follow this very closely.

I was wondering whether the way stick infractions were supposed to be called would allow skilled players to be more dangerous. But after the first couple weeks, the penalties for stick infractions resumed prior years' rate. Maybe that's the players adapting to some degree, as well as the refs tolerating more than they did in preseason.

So are we seeing an effect? Or is it just that my team has guys scoring at PPG pace for the first time in forever so I'm noticing now?

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I don't know how it compares to the 1/4 mark in recent seasons, but scoring is clearly at a bit of a higher level right now than would be expected by the end of the season. So yeah, some individual stats are up.

One thing I've noticed this season is a lot of bad goals going in. The Minnesota game the other day was a gong-show of bad goaltending. I'm hopeful that the (presumably minor) reductions in goalie-equipment this year is actually starting to bear results.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Among the Top 50 scorers at the 24/25 game mark, there are 32 PPG players.

Last year there were 7 (year end - 8)
in 2015 there were 19 (6)
in 2014 there were 16 (8)
in 2013 there were 17 (11)

The last four seasons were pretty similar in the # of PPG scorers. Last year it seemed like a bit of anomaly that there were not too many PPG players early on.

You have to think that there will be more than the last four years for sure, and maybe close to 15 or 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad