Are Canucks possibly building a super team, that comes to be in the near future?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
There are no super teams. Look who was in the finals. Just hope to be good and have a good playoff run.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Average
Good
Great
Super
Ultra
Mega
Elite
Generational
Dynasty

Sure, Vancouver is building a super team.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
That’s the thing I notice about some Canuck fans, because of where I’ve lived and I know not all of Canuck fans are like this and lots of fan bases are like this, so I don’t mean to generalize.

But it’s as if the only comparison they have is with themselves. They compare there roster to what they used to have and think that’s the only comparison that matters. If there prospect cupboard Is stacked it must mean there going to be a potential dynasty ! Without forgetting each and every other team is doing the same thing and has just as many prospects.

I also find that the Canucks organization and fans tend to overvalue players who do well against them on the ice. When willie Mitchell shut down bertuzzi in the 03 series his stock was sky high in van so fans were naturally thrilled to see him arrive.

When messier lead the rangers to a cup victory over you guessed it, fans were beyond stoked to see him arrive.

Fans in van even wanted lucic after 2011 (you can only guess why) and I know he’s from there...

Of course I’ll take a hit for saying all this but it’s just what me and my brother have observed over the years.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Very bad defense prospect pool outside of Hughes & Juolevi.

Forward prospects are looking promising, as well as goaltending (Demko & DiPietro)

Even juolevi is a question mark. Hughes looks like he’s ten. Lol but then again so does Mitchell Marner and he’s a great player.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
That’s the thing I notice about some Canuck fans, because of where I’ve lived and I know not all of Canuck fans are like this and lots of fan bases are like this, so I don’t mean to generalize.

But it’s as if the only comparison they have is with themselves. They compare there roster to what they used to have and think that’s the only comparison that matters. If there prospect cupboard Is stacked it must mean there going to be a potential dynasty ! Without forgetting each and every other team is doing the same thing and has just as many prospects.

I also find that the Canucks organization and fans tend to overvalue players who do well against them on the ice. When willie Mitchell shut down bertuzzi in the 03 series his stock was sky high in van so fans were naturally thrilled to see him arrive.

When messier lead the rangers to a cup victory over you guessed it, fans were beyond stoked to see him arrive.

Fans in van even wanted lucic after 2011 (you can only guess why) and I know he’s from there...

Of course I’ll take a hit for saying all this but it’s just what me and my brother have observed over the years.
You know Id probably take you more seriously if you didnt write in huge formats all the time. Also what do you care? Canucks clearly aren't your team so why bother commenting on them or the fans?

Reactions: Sayonara77

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I'd say Boeser and Horvat are good pieces. The rest of the pieces are pretty similar to other rebuilding teams, some of those prospects will hit and some won't. Jim Benning keeps trading away draft picks instead of stockpiling them, which is an odd rebuilding strategy. We'll see if it works out.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
If we get Jack Hughes and Tryamkin comes back then we could have a really impressive core. Those are two big ifs.

As it stands our future is looking better but in no way are we looking like a potential superteam.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Outside of Petterson who can still be nothing special (I highly doubt it, but he's still a prospect at this point) and Boeser, Vancouver isn't building anything special. Even Quinn Hughes has the body of a 12 year old boy at this point, though he is very good.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Great.. yet another thread started by a non Canuck fan that get's hijacked by Leaf fans to both give the entire Canucks fanbase crap while collectively managing to jerk off to the shannaplan.

"Elias Pettersson is not a sure thing" is really out there. Posted historical and unpresidented numbers in the third best league in the world. Not a sure thing.

HFBoards is a sinking ship.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Great.. yet another thread started by a non Canuck fan that get's hijacked by Leaf fans to both give the entire Canucks fanbase crap while collectively managing to jerk off to the shannaplan.

"Elias Pettersson is not a sure thing" is really out there. Posted historical and unpresidented numbers in the third best league in the world. Not a sure thing.

HFBoards is a sinking ship.
Thats weird, because in the last 5 pages I found pretty much zero mention of the Leafs. Seems like the only person hijacking the thread is you.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Thats weird, because in the last 5 pages I found pretty much zero mention of the Leafs. Seems like the only person hijacking the thread is you.

That's weird,

Use ctrl+F or just read the words. It's half the thread. Like every other thread on this website. It's meme level when it comes to Leaf fans. No matter topic, no matter time, you know a leaf fan will hijack a thread in a dime.

If the Canucks also had some lottery luck and not consistently dropped back positions (every single year), the world would look a lot different. Vancouver hasn't been gifted a Matthews, Dahlin, or Laine. They have not once picked higher than #5 since Benning took over. Yet they have gone from having one of the worst pools in the league, to one of the best. The Canucks aren't a super team to be but have managed to put together an impressive future core.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
It's gonna be a real clash of the titans between them and Edmonton. They're gonna be a new dynasty w Yakupov, Eberle, RNH, Shultz, MPS etc. Be like Colorado vs Detroit all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad