Are any Top Prospects for the 2006 NHL playing in the CHL currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
I know that it is very early but are there any 2006 BlueChippers playing in the CHL this season? By BlueChippers I mean almost certain first rounders? I am trying to get an early start to monitor there progress from this season into next. Thanks in advance for the help

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
These are ALL the 2006 QMJHL Prospects currently playing in the QMJHL. All are 88 born except the ones noted to be late 87.

Mathieu Carle - D - Bathurst (late 87)
Alex Lamontagne - D - Bathurst
Maxime Moirier - F - Bathurst (late 87)
Benjamin Breault - F - Baie-Comeau
Francois Bouchard - F - Baie Comeau
Michael Dupont - G - Baie-Comeau (late 87)
James Sheppard - F - Cape Breton
Chris Culligan - F - Cape Breton
Mathieu Bolduc - D - Chicoutimi
Maxime Frechette - D - Drummondville
Henrik Lavoie - F - Drummondville
Derrik Brassard - F - Drummondville (late 87)
Geoff Walker - F - Gatineau (late 87)
Pierre-Luc Lessard - D - Gatineau
Jonathan Carrier - D - Gatineau
James Pouliot - F - Halifax (late 87)
Bryce Swan - F - Halifax (late 87)
Ryan Hillier - F - Halifax
Roger Kennedy - G - Halifax
Jonathan Bernier - G - Lewiston
Pier-Luc Champagne - F - Lewiston
Marc-Andre Daneau - F - Lewiston (late 87)
Eric Castonguay - F - Lewiston (late 87)
Jason Demers - D - Moncton
J-C Blanchard - G - Moncton (late 87)
Brad Marchand - F - Moncton
Alexandre Boivon - F - PEI
Michael Dubuc - F - PEI
Joey Ryan - D - Quebec (late 87)
Drew Paris - D - Quebec
Scott Fraser - G - Rimouski
Vincent Remillard - F - Rimouski
Graham Bona - D - Rimouski
Yannik Reindeau - F - Rouyn-Noranda
Hugo Carpentier - F - Rouyn-Noranda
Kyle Hennigen - D - Shawinigan (late 87)
Stefano Giliati - F - Shawinigan (late 87)
Peter-James Corsi - F - Val-D'or
Dany Masse - F - Val-D'or
Jason Legault - D/F - Victoriaville
Sam Hounsell - D - Victoriaville
Trevor Mock - F - Victoriaville (late 87)

Last edited:

X-SHARKIE

rahan said:
All I can say is that from what I've seen, Bolduc is gonna be a good one!!

Agreed!!

James Sheppard is one player who left me very impressed so far, and i'll get to see him again tomorow..

on www.eastlink.ca go to sports on the bottom left, then go to webcasting as it's on there live every friday.

Anywho he looks to be the real deal and should be considered a lock at the moment for a 1st round spot in 2006.

The youngest of the Staals is also playing in the CHL and from what I hear, he's been pretty dang impressive with great size and some raw tools.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Agreed!!

James Sheppard is one player who left me very impressed so far, and i'll get to see him again tomorow..

on www.eastlink.ca go to sports on the bottom left, then go to webcasting as it's on there live every friday.

Anywho he looks to be the real deal and should be considered a lock at the moment for a 1st round spot in 2006.

The youngest of the Staals is also playing in the CHL and from what I hear, he's been pretty dang impressive with great size and some raw tools.

It is free?

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Agreed!!

From the one game I've seen Jordan Staal play, he reminded me so much of his brother. He has great talent and I think he will be a sure fire 1st rounder with skills like that.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pavel datsyuk said:
in your opinion, where will Sheppard go in his draft year? 1st rounder, early second, or do you think his stock will take a hit? :dunno:

James Sheppard will be a top 10 pick.

He is already at the level of some 20 year olds in maturity and defensive play and he is 16. He also has good offensive upside...youll see him break out after xmas.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
TheGreek said:
La-La-Laprise out of the players you listed which can be considered sure firer first rounders in your opinion for the 2006 draft? Thanks!

There arent many but ill list the ones who I feel as of Today will be 1st round picks:

James Sheppard - F - Cape Breton
Derrik Brassard - F - Drummondville (late 87)
Joey Ryan - D - Quebec (late 87)

Others with a decent shot:

Mathieu Carle - D - Bathurst (late 87)
Benjamin Breault - F - Baie-Comeau
Jonathan Bernier - G - Lewiston
J-C Blanchard - G - Moncton (late 87)
Jason Legault - D/F - Victoriaville

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
Carrier

I've seen him play in training camp and so far this year and i REALLY like this guy.

He's only 15 right now, 6'3, 196 lbs, and he has great hockey sense.
Last year he didn't get the visibility that he should have because he was injured (suffered a total fracture of a finger).

If Benoit Groulx and the coaching staff develop this guy properly, i could see him being a top Dman.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leph28 said:

I've seen him play in training camp and so far this year and i REALLY like this guy.

He's only 15 right now, 6'3, 196 lbs, and he has great hockey sense.
Last year he didn't get the visibility that he should have because he was injured (suffered a total fracture of a finger).

If Benoit Groulx and the coaching staff develop this guy properly, i could see him being a top Dman.

FAAACKK Carrier is a late 88. He is 2007 draft. :)

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
Carrier

FAAACKK Carrier is a late 88. He is 2007 draft.

all i know is that he's the youngest player in the Q this year and he has his place there. He plays 2 games out of 3 (since Groulx alternates the d-men that way), but you can see that he has good hockey sense and already knows a good deal about dman positioning.

+, with his size at 15, one can imagine how he will be at 20 :)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leph28 said:
FAAACKK Carrier is a late 88. He is 2007 draft.

all i know is that he's the youngest player in the Q this year and he has his place there. He plays 2 games out of 3 (since Groulx alternates the d-men that way), but you can see that he has good hockey sense and already knows a good deal about dman positioning.

+, with his size at 15, one can imagine how he will be at 20 :)

He's a good one ;)

Hope hes in the lineup when GAT visits.

gabpas

Jan 25, 2003
Aylmer
Visit site
Saw him play for the first time last night and was quite impressed. Good skating and puck handling skills with good anticaption. He is quite tall and if he can add some weight as he develops he is going to be a great defenceman. Does not seem prone to rookie mistakes. I think his game will only get better. Might be one of the reasons the Olympiques let go Robert yesterday. They are going to give the 4 young guys - Frechette (he played well last night), Rousseau, Carrier and Lessard more ice time. These 4 will lead the defence for the next 2 years after.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
JC Blanchard of the Wildcats has a decent shot. He's not getting much minutes between the pipes behind Corey Crawford, but next year he should play a lot more. He's played well when given the chance.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Nick Foligno of the Sudbury Wolves is one of the top US prospects for '06.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad