April 8 Eclipse

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Anyone else kinda excited for this?

While NYC area will be getting 90% coverage, Im thinking of going North a bit to be able to drive to sunshine should we have an overcast day.

There was one years ago, in the Western Half of the country, but this year East is getting one. Kinda cool. My sons district cancelled school due to lack of snow days and "wow" factor.

2024 eclipse.jpg

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone know where to get those glasses/goggle to be able to look at the eclipse (without going blind)?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This info could come in really handy in the event that cannibals have me in a pot ready to cook me for dinner. "If you don't let me out of this pot, I will make the light in the sky go dark!" Pretty sure it worked on Gilligan's Island....

• Haha
Reactions: periferal

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
*Earth Science Teacher Here*

Very excited. Buy glasses on Amazon, they're cheap and simple.

*Reminder* The sun is NOT going backwards across America. The path you see is the MOON'S SHADOW.

I know how Long Island is and their bullshit science tin foil hat shit.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
*Earth Science Teacher Here*

Very excited. Buy glasses on Amazon, they're cheap and simple.

*Reminder* The sun is NOT going backwards across America. The path you see is the MOON'S SHADOW.

I know how Long Island is and their bullshit science tin foil hat shit.

LI isn't known for intelligence. Just ask around for flat earthers and 2020 election results. Its amazing.

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Be careful with the ones bought on Amazon. I was listening to a news story about the eclipse and it said a lot of brands marketed as safe for viewing are substandard and can injure your eyes.
This. Cheap Chinese crap all over Amazon. Try to get eclipse glasses or welding glass that’s made in the USA. Might cost a little more but well worth it.

Reactions: beach

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I already booked the ferry from bridgeport to get home Monday night. Zero chance of me sitting in traffic with all you other clowns.....

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
a poor mans version is to get a small flat bucket and fill it up with water. You can see the actual eclipse from the reflection without even looking up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad