April 24th 2015

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
With the Pens winning last night it guarantees, no matter what, that they will play a game on or after April 24th 2018. What that means is we will go, at a minimum, three full calendar years without having been eliminated from the playoffs.

Think about that. April 24th 2015 we lost to the Rangers (don't worry, we got even the next year and things went pretty well for us) and that was the last time we were on the wrong end of a handshake line.

I've been a Pens fan for a long, long time and always felt the worst day of the year was hearing Mike Lang say "and we will see you next fall on the Penguins Hockey Network" because that meant the season just ended and not in a way that was enjoyable.

Three calendar years go by, and we here we are, still playing. It's been a hell of a run.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
With the Pens winning last night it guarantees, no matter what, that they will play a game on or after April 24th 2018. What that means is we will go, at a minimum, three full calendar years without having been eliminated from the playoffs.

Think about that. April 24th 2015 we lost to the Rangers (don't worry, we got even the next year and things went pretty well for us) and that was the last time we were on the wrong end of a handshake line.

I've been a Pens fan for a long, long time and always felt the worst day of the year was hearing Mike Lang say "and we will see you next fall on the Penguins Hockey Network" because that meant the season just ended and not in a way that was enjoyable.

Three calendar years go by, and we here we are, still playing. It's been a hell of a run.

I thought that with the injuries to Malkin and our D that series was lost. I also hated it because the MAF defenders were out in full force.

Dumoulin was amazing that series though.

Reactions: PensandCaps

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I joined this site in May of 2015. So i'm the lucky charm obviously. You're welcome. 2 for 2 so far.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
Whenever I talk to friends whose teams either haven't made the playoffs or won a series in YEARS, it make me appreciate just how lucky/spoiled we all are.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
That series was a lot closer than five games. They did the best they could. They just weren't on the level of the Rangers. But, they were on the verge of losing a fan base following that series. I felt hopeless as a fan.

On another note, has Crosby surpassed Mario in anybody's mind? Could he do It?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
On another note, has Crosby surpassed Mario in anybody's mind? Could he do It?

We're at the point where which player having the better career has become a valid question. As a player, though, there's nothing Sid could realistically do to surpass Mario in my eyes.

Anyway...being a Pens fan has been a sweet gig these past couple years. Cherish this because this is what every fan dreams of, and most won't get to witness their teams have this level of success. Nearly losing this team has made me appreciate this so much more. Few fans can say they've experienced either the lows or the highs that we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad