Votes: 30 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Some comparison from the past:

2020 january
1. RD - Moritz Seider - 98.3% (1st round, 6th overall, 2019)
2. F - Joe Veleno - 91% (1st round, 30th overall, 2018)
3. LD - Jared McIsaac - 57.9% (2nd round, 36th overall, 2018)
4. W - Jonatan Berggren - 42% (2nd round, 33rd overall, 2018)
5. D - Albert Johansson
6. F - Robert Mastrosimone

Link for old 2020 discussion, you'll see the prospect core, how bad it was...

2021 summer
1.) Moritz Seider - RD - 20: 6'4" 207 lbs - RH Shot - Zell, GER - 96.2%
2.) Lucas Raymond - LW/RW - 19: 5'10"183 lbs - RH Shot - Goteborg, SWE - 85.1%
3.) Simon Edvinsson - LD - 18: 6'5" 207 lbs - LH Shot - Onsala, SWE - 70.1%
4.) Sebastian Cossa - G - 18: 6'6'' 212 lbs - LC catching glove - Fort McMurray, AL, CAN - 47.8%
5.) Jonatan Berggren - LW/RW- 21: 5'11'' 183 lbs - LH Shot - Uppsala, SWE - 75.5%
6.) Joe Veleno - C - 21: 6'1'' 194 lbs - LH Shot - Kirkland, QC, CAN - 69.1%
7.) Albert Johansson - D - 20: 6' 168 lbs - LH shot - Karistad, SWE - 85.5%
8.) Theodor Niederbach - F
9.) Shai Buium - D
10.) Eemil Viro - LD
11.) William Wallinder - D

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Shouldn't be any logical reason Kasper is ahead of Cossa. At every level, Cossa has been the better pro.

ASP has a higher ceiling than both.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Voting Kasper because I strongly believe he and Cossa are above ASP, rather than throwing my vote away on Mazur again even though he's my actual vote

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Need to see ASP play in NA before I share the bullishness of some others, but I like him the best of anyone listed here by a decent amount still.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Voted Kasper this time around, although I think it a very fine line between Danielson, Cossa, ASP and Augustine on their eventual impact to the team. Looking at Ras this year leads me to believe those knee cap injuries take way longer than expected to fully heal and have the guys back in full game shape.

I wish I could see more of them all live, because watching on TV or streaming doesn't cover them well enough to see their whole game, but I trust other eyes on folks to say Kasper is starting to look more like the kids that played a game against the Leafs. If so, the wings should see him in the line up full time before the end of next season, maybe even to start the year.

I think SY will leave lots of flexibility for cups of coffee next year, in part to manage the cap, but anyone truly ready, will be up one way or another.

Eventually, the farm system will be like the wings back in the days when they pumped out players and it seemed like every team in the league had a least one former wings player/prospect on them.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Kasper is a tough one because I really like his make-up, really like his game. He's the type of guy who when I watch him I think, as a hockey player, "man, I want to play on that guy's line." He has the traits I appreciate in the sport. And when I saw him last Saturday, he looked realgud.

Still, it's fair to call into question his ultimate upside because, let's be honest, his offensive numbers have never jumped off the page at any level. To me, his potential looks like either a driver of a 3rd-line, or a complementary top-6 piece. And I get that, as an 8th overall pick, that will be a disappointment to some. Personally, I think that's still pretty good, if he's providing real value in that role.

I can see a scenario where you have him and/or Mazur as (and I may deserve to be skewered for using this term) the piano-pullers on lines 1 and/or 2. Guys with enough skill to hang and mesh with more offensive players on their lines, but who are going to motor around, do some dirty work, agitate the other team. Force multipliers if you will.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Kasper is a tough one because I really like his make-up, really like his game. He's the type of guy who when I watch him I think, as a hockey player, "man, I want to play on that guy's line." He has the traits I appreciate in the sport. And when I saw him last Saturday, he looked realgud.

Still, it's fair to call into question his ultimate upside because, let's be honest, his offensive numbers have never jumped off the page at any level. To me, his potential looks like either a driver of a 3rd-line, or a complementary top-6 piece. And I get that, as an 8th overall pick, that will be a disappointment to some. Personally, I think that's still pretty good, if he's providing real value in that role.

I can see a scenario where you have him and/or Mazur as (and I may deserve to be skewered for using this term) the piano-pullers on lines 1 and/or 2. Guys with enough skill to hang and mesh with more offensive players on their lines, but who are going to motor around, do some dirty work, agitate the other team. Force multipliers if you will.
I appreciate the limits of him, but at the same time I am being asked to grade him against other flawed prospects. If you see ASP as a middle-pair PP contributor and Cossa as an above average NHL starter, Kasper starts to look more logical. I am also the type of person to put a premium on people who can genuinely play in the middle.

I think Cossa probably has the most upside of what is left, but I also trust goalies the least. If he has another strong year in GR, I think he skyrockets to the top of the list, but he isn't there for me yet.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I appreciate the limits of him, but at the same time I am being asked to grade him against other flawed prospects. If you see ASP as a middle-pair PP contributor and Cossa as an above average NHL starter, Kasper starts to look more logical. I am also the type of person to put a premium on people who can genuinely play in the middle.

I think Cossa probably has the most upside of what is left, but I also trust goalies the least. If he has another strong year in GR, I think he skyrockets to the top of the list, but he isn't there for me yet.
Oh yeah, I'm not even trying to say Kasper shouldn't be voted #2. Perfectly valid choice imo. I just wanted to discuss him a bit.

To me, Ed is the clear-cut #1, and then there are good arguments for Danielson, Kasper, ASP, and Cossa going in any order 2-5, with Mazur having a good argument for being in that grouping as well. Then things drop off to another tier.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think it will be interesting to see how Kasper is in the playoffs. If he can elevate his play or not. His type of play is very suited for playoffs, imo.
It's hard to ask Kasper to elevate his game.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I always vote on these prospects based on what I see them becoming. It’s not an exact science and it's very biased.

But ASP to me will be that 3-4 offensive guy that isn't a liability.
He just edges out Kasper who i see being a really really good pest middle 6er.

Edit: Oh shit forgot about Cossa, man its a real competition here. It's hard to choose between ASP and Cossa for me. Already voted for ASP but the season he just had i actually think Cossa should be 2. Changed.

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
Went with ASP, it was close between him and Cossa but I think overall he'll be more likely to reach a high impact. Cant really go wrong between those 2 and Kasper

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
re: Kasper. Between watching a few Griffins games live and following them pretty closely, I think it would be fair to say the Griffins overall, including Kasper, are good at generating offense but perhaps not the most clinical group of finishers the AHL has ever seen?

So I think there are 2 questions specific to Kasper. 1 - if he's on a line with top level finishers in the NHL, will that up his points and 2- can he himself improve his finishing touch. I saw it a few times last night - he'd make a really nice move to get open/a semi-breakaway but couldn't quite finish. If that's who he is, then yeah, he'll top out as a solid 3rd line center. If he can improve, I think his ceiling might be higher than most people think - because IMO a lot of the tools to generate offense are there.

Anyways, just my two cents.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
re: Kasper. Between watching a few Griffins games live and following them pretty closely, I think it would be fair to say the Griffins overall, including Kasper, are good at generating offense but perhaps not the most clinical group of finishers the AHL has ever seen?

So I think there are 2 questions specific to Kasper. 1 - if he's on a line with top level finishers in the NHL, will that up his points and 2- can he himself improve his finishing touch. I saw it a few times last night - he'd make a really nice move to get open/a semi-breakaway but couldn't quite finish. If that's who he is, then yeah, he'll top out as a solid 3rd line center. If he can improve, I think his ceiling might be higher than most people think - because IMO a lot of the tools to generate offense are there.

Anyways, just my two cents.

Look at AHL gf across the league. It’s pretty low scoring there.

If Kasper can improve his midrange shooting I think he’s a 20 goal, 50+ point guy. That’s solid 2nd line numbers anywhere. Also keep in mind he’s an AHL rookie and is just now 20?

I don’t think Kasper will be any worse than Compher, and he’ll be an upgrade on Veleno and Copp for sure.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
For me it’s between ASP and Cossa. ASP could be a Rafalski type defender and they would make me very happy. Cossa could be a top 5 goalie in the league if he puts his tools together. I went with ASP purely because I think defensemen have an easier road to hitting their ceiling.

As for Kasper and Mazur I think they’re both third liners on a playoff team so I don’t have any great excitement for either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad