• RD - Axel Sandin-Pellikka

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • G - Sebastian Cossa

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Danielson but man I feel for Simon not being eligible for the Calder. Hope he wins the other Calder to make up for it.... plus I am sure the checks were nice in Detroit.... right?!

Last edited:
Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Voted Cossa, mainly cause I want him to succeed the most but it’s close with everyone listed there.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
And that is how people remember about him

He's also took a very clear step up in production since being moved to Portland, so I'd argue that at least some of the slow start at Brandon (and his full production last year) was indeed partly playing with weak offensive teammates.

I'm not going to argue he had a completely amazing game, but averaging almost 1.5 PPG with Portland is certainly a positive indicator that his Brandon stats didn't tell the entire picture.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I find the idea that Danielson is more ready than Kasper(someone who did well against men in Sweden last year and is actively doing well in the AHL as we speak) because he had a nice preseason rather silly

Reactions: RabidBadger

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I find the idea that Danielson is more ready than Kasper(someone who did well against men in Sweden last year and is actively doing well in the AHL as we speak) because he had a nice preseason rather silly
Kasper was 42nd in PPG and 25th in points among AHL rookies. I wouldn’t call that doing well. He’s not looking out of place but he’s by no means doing well for a 20 year old top ten pick.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Danielson and ASP in the playoffs
Grand Rapids still in the regular season

We have an entire off-season to do these polls. We have plenty else to talk about right now. At least wait till we see these prospects complete their seasons… it’s kinda lame
Yeah, also the draft to factor in. It's moving on quickly since the Red Wings' body is still warm.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Kasper was 42nd in PPG and 25th in points among AHL rookies. I wouldn’t call that doing well. He’s not looking out of place but he’s by no means doing well for a 20 year old top ten pick.

eh he had a slow start due to his offseason injury and lack of a camp(plus it being his first games in North America other than the 1 NHL game last year) and other than Berggren nobody else on the team was putting up many points either, he's also been looking good in other ways and was 19 for pretty much all of this not 20 so he's younger than most of the other rookies(he just turned 20 a week ago)

he hasn't been like super amazing or anything but factoring everything in i'd say it's fair to say he's had a good year in the AHL, i'd certainly at the very least put a lot more stock into what he's been doing than a handful of preseason games for Danielson as far as NHL readiness goes

Reactions: norrisnick

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Danielson is such a low upside prospect.
Shocked so many people think he is the top prospect.

19 year old, 4 year veteran playing in junior hockey, and has only managed to produce 78 points (27 goals) in 62 total games this season.

Decent enough player. But you have to get pretty creative to imagine he somehow blows up offensively.
He has never shown any flashes of being a dominant offensive player at the junior level.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan

19 year old, 4 year veteran playing in junior hockey, and has only managed to produce 78 points (27 goals) in 62 total games this season.

Decent enough player. But you have to get pretty creative to imagine he somehow blows up offensively.
He has never shown any flashes of being a dominant offensive player at the junior level.
I agree. I feel we’re just drafting a bunch of Joe Veleno’s.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023

He's had a very clear uptick since being moved (1 ppg with Brandon, 1.46 ppg with Portland) that gives me optimism.

If you're looking for mid first round picks who had disappointing years in the CHL, I'd look at Honzek and Barlow before considering Danielson.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I see it’s time again for Henkka’s Messy Prospect Polling™.

- Edvinsson is still a prospect, and he’s #1
- The timing of this poll is peculiar, seasons aren’t even over yet
- Fewer poll options doesn’t speed anything up, but whatever, at least you set the poll for 72 hours this time and not 45 seconds

Reactions: izlez and DoMakc

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
He's had a very clear uptick since being moved (1 ppg with Brandon, 1.46 ppg with Portland) that gives me optimism.

If you're looking for mid first round picks who had disappointing years in the CHL, I'd look at Honzek and Barlow before considering Danielson.
Full season numbers across both teams evenly are a pretty accurate portrayal of Danielson’s offensive performance.

Maybe a little down from teammates with Brandon and a little inflated from teammates in Portland.

I don’t even think his season was disappointing. It’s basically all that could be expected based on his talent and body of work in the years before.

That’s why I would rank other Red Wing prospects with higher ceilings in front of Danielson and was a little surprised by the result.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad