• G - Sebastian Cossa

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So let's vote the prospect rank again.

I'll keep the NHL rookie limit (25 NHL games) as the limit for a prospect.

Like, Simon Edvinsson graduated yesterday, playing his 25th NHL game at last 2 seasons. But Elmer Söderblom is still a prospect, because he has played only 21 NHL games. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Edvinsson was the only graduate from this season. Berggren was the only one at last season. Still a bit tricky to have him down at Grand Rapids, but it is what it is. Berggren with his 79 NHL-games is not a prospect anymore.

Think we could go first rounds faster with less options per round. Then add more options and have more days for voting, on later rounds.

First Top6 is the four guys (Kasper, Mazur, Wallinder, Cossa) from 2-5 positions at last year's voting + two 1st round picks (Danielson, Pellikka) from 2023 entry draft.

Suppose the new guy added to next round. If there's no one mentioned, I'll add a guy from last year's rank.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Think we could go first rounds faster with less options per round. Then add more options and have more days for voting, on later rounds.
What's the rush? I don't see our prospects rankings as very crystallized right now. Potential for a lot of different opinions here.
If Edvinsson isn't a prospect (I disagree), I think you could make a case for any of ASP, Danielson or even Cossa as our #1 prospect.

Reactions: Atoadaso

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I voted for Kasper but I think it's pretty murky

I like ASP and there's probably a good chance he'll be my #1 in one of these polls someday but I want to see more out of him first before putting him that high

Cossa is great but he's also a Goalie and I have a tough time bringing myself to put a Goalie at #1

I view Kasper and Danielson as being on a pretty similar level but Kasper is more proven

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What's the rush? I don't see our prospects rankings as very crystallized right now. Potential for a lot of different opinions here.
If Edvinsson isn't a prospect (I disagree), I think you could make a case for any of ASP, Danielson or even Cossa as our #1 prospect.

This is Henkka's first stage of grief. There's about 20 stages, each in the form of ranking a prospect, he will probably be done grieving by the end of the week if you don't hold him back.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Last season we started this on May... we are 2 weeks from May. What's the problem ?

I takes a lot of time to completed before draft.

My first thought to our prospect group, when creating these lists, was how it was a good thing that it was a really tough selection. Could have picked 4 guys of those 6. Latest votings have been easy slam dunks on early rounds.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Going with my boy... the national championship winning, WJC goal per game having, AHL prospect point leading: Carter Mazur.

All he needs is to overcome the debilitating effects of having the frame of a 6 year old girl, and he'll be a real good NHLer

And because this opinion won't allow me to actually participate in the poll until like #5, my next choice at this point would be Danielson

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If we are talking about potential
1.ASP
2 Cossa
3 Danielson
4.Kasper
If we are talking about NHL ready is
1 Kasper
2 Mazur
3 Danielson
4 ASP.
I put Kasper

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Wallinder not ahead of AJo, Tuomisto or Soderblom. What about Berggren?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If we are talking about potential
1.ASP
2 Cossa
3 Danielson
4.Kasper
If we are talking about NHL ready is
1 Kasper
2 Mazur
3 Danielson
4 ASP.
I put Kasper

I would put Danielson 1st in NHL readiness. Even at his best Kasper wasn't exactly tearing apart the AHL this year.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I would put Danielson 1st in NHL readiness. Even at his best Kasper wasn't exactly tearing apart the AHL this year.
Have you seen him this season? Or Kasper?
Both about same age , Danielson one of the best player on WHL team vs Kasper one of the best on his AHL team .
Danielson is a new shiny toy for this board, hopefully soon he joins GR , so you could compare them

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Kasper #1 but it’s close. He had a very good second half in the AHL and will be the team at some point next year. He is closer to the show than anyone besides Mazur here.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah generally I would like some of these guys to finish out their season/playoffs before voting. I think a big playoff run for either of them would help make my decision on Kasper or Danielson. But since we're going now, I think I'm going with Kasper just because hes played some pro hockey.

I'm not going to be surprised at all, and actually expect Danielson to pass him next year though

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I voted Danielson, as I consider the Wings just completed Bubble year 1 and I think it will be 2026/27 before they are what I consider a solid playoff contender (able to win at least 1 round consistently) and he may be the most important contributor of the group still not graduated, however one can easily argue for any of them including Cossa as important for the wings to take that next step. If the Griffs go far in the Calder search, we will start to see some of the kids start to graduate full time, but there are likely 1-2 more bubble years to get through.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Danielson and ASP would be my top two... not sure of the order.

Kasper and Cossa would be my next two... not sure of the order.

That top 4 is pretty tight at the moment. A lot could change over the course of the next year.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Unreal crop of prospects we have considering Edvinsson could be a graduate at this point I guess. Danielson takes the edge for me, but I'm super high on Sandin-Pellikka and Cossa in terms of ultimate potential too.

Danielson
Sandin-Pellikka
Cossa
Kasper
Augustine
Mazur
Wallinder
Al Johansson

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think Danielson is most likely to hit closest to his peak. ASP has some physical shortcomings that could keep him from being a true high end, first pairing guy. I don't think Kaspar has the sheer ability of the previous two. I see Cossa as the guy with the absolute highest ceiling but he's a goalie and who knows what the hell he's going to do.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad