GDT: April 11: SHARKS!!! KRAKEN!!! HOCKEY!!! (7pm PDT)

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
As I sit down now to watch, I've decided that it probably doesn't start at 7:30 PDT. Will edit.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
1712888791449.png

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
So like…if the plan was to just bench Tatar for the rest of the season, why didn’t GMRF do the classy thing and trade him to literally anyone with retention for peanuts?

Reactions: kihei

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
So like…if the plan was to just bench Tatar for the rest of the season, why didn’t GMRF do the classy thing and trade him to literally anyone with retention for peanuts?
Good question...because at the deadline the Kraken were still in it...then fell off the map when Dunn got injured

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Have to say I am a little surprised at the lack of offense from Winterton. His 9th game today and 0 points so far. I know 10 minutes a game is not a lot of ice time but had figured he would have a point or two atleast by now.

Reactions: kihei

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
In a vacuum, I agree. But Tatar has a terrible playoff history. He has a career 0.56 PPG but it goes down to 0.25 PPG in the playoffs. 13 points in 52 games is not something playoff teams will give up much, if anything.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It sure doesn't look like the Sharks are going to be a defensive juggernaut any time soon.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
No idea what Olzyck is talking about - I can't see a world where Cooley intentionally threw his stick there.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Have to say I am a little surprised at the lack of offense from Winterton. His 9th game today and 0 points so far. I know 10 minutes a game is not a lot of ice time but had figured he would have a point or two atleast by now.
He's gonna need more seasoning...another season or two Coachella will do wonders

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It sure doesn't look like the Sharks are going to be a defensive juggernaut any time soon.
Heh.

They have Cagnoni, Musty, Smith, Mukhamadullin in their pool. Also, very likely to end up with Cellebrini and they have another 1st round pick in the 15-20 range, depending where the Penguins end up. But their current roster is just terrible. Outside of the *lund trifecta, they don't have much. And the corpse of Logan Couture.w

That being said, Doug Wilson should have done what Grier did last decade.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Good question...because at the deadline the Kraken were still in it...then fell off the map when Dunn got injured
What? Maybe they weren’t mathematically eliminated yet, but they absolutely weren’t “still in it”. They wouldn’t have traded Wennberg if they thought they had any sort of realistic chance.

In a vacuum, I agree. But Tatar has a terrible playoff history. He has a career 0.56 PPG but it goes down to 0.25 PPG in the playoffs. 13 points in 52 games is not something playoff teams will give up much, if anything.

Some bubble team might have added him just for their playoff push, if the asking price were “peanuts” and the cap hit almost nothing. The fact he isn’t in Detroit or Washington right now makes me think GMRF didn’t even try.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
What? Maybe they weren’t mathematically eliminated yet, but they absolutely weren’t “still in it”. They wouldn’t have traded Wennberg if they thought they had any sort of realistic chance.

Some bubble team might have added him just for their playoff push, if the asking price were “peanuts” and the cap hit almost nothing. The fact he isn’t in Detroit or Washington right now makes me think GMRF didn’t even try.
I think they traded Wennberg because they got a good return...actually better than expected

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Is that the Graf kid the Sharks signed outta college

If I was the Sharks not sure I'd be bringing Kunin back he hasn't done much this year

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
So where the Kraken are now I'd be taking Tij Iginla cause they're not going to not finish low enough to get stud LD-man Sam Dickinson...but that is a pretty good consolation prize in itself and in a few years time when the youngsters all mature and are ready to assume the mantle from the great vets the Kraken have this Kraken team will be one the city of Seattle and their fans will be proud of cause GMFrancis knows what he's doing and I have complete faith in him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad