Approaching Game 4 elimination, which Leafs have performed?

Which Leafs have shown up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Pretty simple - who would you say has shown up? Who has at least come close to your expectations with their performance?

Robertson at the bottom, my bad.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Pretty simple - who would you say has shown up? Who has at least come close to your expectations with their performance?

Robertson at the bottom, my bad.

Almost forgot one of the few guys that have performed. :)

I have: Mathews, Robertson and Clifford.
At expectations or above.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Andersen and to a lesser extent Matthews.

Marner had a good game 3 but the other 2 werent his usual self.

Tavares has been decent but nothing special.

Willy scored a nice goal but that's been about it.

No defensemen seem to really be standing out for us.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
On D - Muzz, Barrie, Ceci
On F - AM, Kerfoot, Engvall, Clifford, JT

Those are my picks

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Top three centres in Matthews, Tavares, and Kerfoot have shown up, though all three have made glaring and costly mistakes. Kerfoot failed on the clearance at the end of the powerplay that led to Dubois’ first goal, Matthews almost caused the Leafs to lose near the end of the third period, and Tavares’ piss poor shot selection led to the OT winner. But overall, those three guys have been great. Robertson has been excellent coming in as an 18 year old rookie. That’s about it for forwards. I guess Clifford has been damn good too.

On the backend Rielly has been good and Muzzin when he was in was great. Every other defenseman has sucked or been average at best.

Freddy is the same Freddy he’s always been in the playoffs for us. He’s solid but he won’t steal you a game. He just won’t. When the team is flailing and needs the goalie to save them, he is incapable of doing so. Yes the team should know better and should just close out the game, but they don’t. Sometimes teams need their goalie to bail them out. Rask has done it, Vasilevsky has done it. Murray did it when the Pens were winning Cups, Holtby has done it. Andersen has not and I don’t think he will.

Last edited:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
As I write this, Hyman and Marincin with one vote each.

Hyman hasn't been bad? But seems kind of invisible so far.

Think should of given Marincin a vote as well. He came in, threw in the highest rate of hits that any Leaf has done so far, 4th highest rate of shots blocked...
and we knew he'd turn over the puck some. As a 7th d-man stepping in, I give him a pass actually.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Matthews- His production might not be that great but he's been excellent
Andersen- Blowing the 3 goal lead hurts but you're crazy if you don't list him
Rielly- He's played well, a few mistakes here and there at the worst time but that's kind of what he is at this point

Nobody else is jumping out at me tbh. Defense as a whole has been pretty good besides Barrie.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Voted Matthews, Rielly and Dermott. The first two are absolutely killing it all over the ice and Dermott has been out second best defenseman all series. They're the only three that haven't left anything to be desired, IMO.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
From the forwards Matthews and Tavares have been excellent same with Rielly and Muzzin on D.

Marner, Nylander and Robertson, Kerfoot, Spezza, Engvall have been decent. Holl looked great for the first two games, less good for the 3rd)

I've been a bit disappointed with Soup Hyman, Dermott, Barrie.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Matthews
Marner
Hyman
Clifford
Kerfoot
Robertson

Rielly
Dermott
Holl

Andersen

They've all come to play.

Biggest disappointments for me - Kapanen and Soup.

Kapanen has seen lots of the puck, but has done nothing with it.

Haven't noticed Mikheyev this whole series tbh

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Does it matter if they lose today or the Series?
You win as a team.
I could careless if AM scored 7 goals in the remaining games but the Leafs lost the series.

Even if the so called big 4 go pointless in the remaining games, as long as Leafs advance, that’s all it matters

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Marincin did well last night, so I'll give him that.
Marincin has a Charaesque stick length. He really is able to break up alot of plays with that stick. Too bad he has only been able to get into 30ish games both this and last year. Cant be good for his development.

TMLisSRYinGerman

Aug 4, 2020
None bar Robertson imo

Not saying Matthews was bad by any means, but I expect more of our franchise center. That said, he was our best player by far. All other players below expectations for me.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Clifford, muzzin.

Matthews has played well but ultimately he's gotta put it in the net he's not doing that enough.

Trade the farm.

Robertson is trying but he's falling down every shift. 4th game in a row and his fall caused the 2 on 1 that ultimately cost us and may be the gwg. Sure, holl could have not just coasted and we'd have been ok, but robertson is no saint here. He's a rookie, so gets a pass but no accolades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad