Appreciation Thread: Bell & Rogers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Not often we can praise our corporate overlords for doing the right thing, but they bought into the Shanaplan/rebuild that's never been done here. They spent truck loads of money on the best management and coaching money could buy.

They've pretty much done everything a fan could ask for. Whoever made those decisions gets a tip of the hat.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
I've spent way too many hours waiting on hold with these clowns trying to deal with their crummy overpriced services to ever appreciate them for trying to profit off the team I love. To hell with them.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm glad about how they managed the Leafs. They are a massive improvement on the pension fund.

But..... Considering the run-around Rogers has given me on 4 different attempts to get a 4K PVR box in time to PVR OHL playoff games, I don't have much positive to say about them, and how spotty my internet can be (thanks Bell), I'll hold off giving them significant praise til they win me a cup.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So far, things under their ownership are far superior to anything since pre-Ballard times. The pension plan years were such a waste.

I think the thanks goes to the fact that they hired people to run the team and took a step back (or it at least seems they did).

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
It's like Trump making 1 good cabinet appointment out of the many, sure they did something good but they're still the devil

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
I only thank them for letting Shanahan do his thing and not interfering with the process. The rest of it the overpriced tickets and beer i don't thank them.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Yup Broadcast everything in 4k would be even better:)

Flames @ Sharks is in 4K but the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS aren't?

It's a joke.

My receiver up converts but the signal isn't 4K in it's native state.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Thanks to whoever from Rogers/Bell on the MLSE board that gave Shanahan the go-ahead to start the rebuild.

Unfortunately I am not a fan of oligopolies, so I would try to avoid praising Rogers/Bell as a whole.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Two of the more evil corporations in this country. They're incompetent at every level, steal our tax dollars and have a stranglehold duopoly over this country. I absolutely will never appreciate the crooks at bell or rogers.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
**** them. They don't deserve ****. This was the only option. Don't make it sound like they had options. The Shanaplan was the only option left.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Rogers didn't just wake up one day and say "hey, let's make the Leafs good for a change"..

They dropped 5.2 billion on a TV deal with the NHL - so how are they supposed to pay that back? They need a good Leafs team - a team that will make they playoffs and generate more revenue so they can actually make back that money.

A losing Leafs team is a huge loss on potential revenue and might be the biggest factor in them not being able to pay off that debt.

A winning Leafs team = major revenue in every way: playoff revenue, merchandise revenue. Advertising revenue... and on and on.

Rogers didn't do this because they wanted the Leafs to be good, they did this for their own survival.

Nonetheless- it's working out for both themselves and the fans. Hate Rogers or love them - it's still a win-win for everyone.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Rogers didn't just wake up one day and say "hey, let's make the Leafs good for a change"..

They dropped 5.2 billion on a TV deal with the NHL - so how are they supposed to pay that back? They need a good Leafs team - a team that will make they playoffs and generate more revenue so they can actually make back that money.

A losing Leafs team is a huge loss on potential revenue and might be the biggest factor in them not being able to pay off that debt.

A winning Leafs team = major revenue in every way: playoff revenue, merchandise revenue. Advertising revenue... and on and on.

Rogers didn't do this because they wanted the Leafs to be good, they did this for their own survival.

Nonetheless- it's working out for both themselves and the fans. Hate Rogers or love them - it's still a win-win for everyone.

Exactly Rogers never did this out of the "good" in their heart. If they don't do the TV deal they probably don't give a crap and count the money. At the end of the day Rogers has one interest and that's to $$$. If the Leafs do good or bad it's not #1 for them.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Not often we can praise our corporate overlords for doing the right thing, but they bought into the Shanaplan/rebuild that's never been done here. They spent truck loads of money on the best management and coaching money could buy.

They've pretty much done everything a fan could ask for. Whoever made those decisions gets a tip of the hat.

So thats where all those hidden fees went towards all these years. **** em. I'm a Telus guy.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for creating a monopoly in the industry they are in and overcharging the hell out of us.

**** them.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I appreciate the trio, Kadri, Jvr (1st period, I like that guy, would like to see more of him) and Andersen. Babs, Lou, Dubas and Shanny.

Rogers and Bell are still evil corporate cartels.

PhillyFrisco

Jun 29, 2007
www.blueprintz.ca

NO.

JUST.

NO.

DO NOT SUBMIT TO BEING PATRONIZED BY ROGERS.

THEY CARE ABOUT $ AND NOTHING ELSE.

WE MUST SEPARATE OUR FANDOM FOR THE CLUB FROM IT'S CORPORATE OWNERS AND SPONSORS.

NO.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

leafs rule 11

Jul 28, 2007
It's like Trump making 1 good cabinet appointment out of the many, sure they did something good but they're still the devil

na!! i think this is where they decide bernie sanders is a good choice to run things hahaha or someone similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad