GDT: Apparently, there's a game tonight

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Fasth post game radio interview "uhhh... I do... dunno what you call it... what clowns do with balls" :laugh:

I love Fasth's post game interviews. I still remember him being asked a question regarding stopping a lot of shots and he replied with something like "that is why I goalie, because I want to stop puck." :laugh:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That was a terrific game by Viktor. I think he has continued to look better as the season has progressed. Hiller may technically still be the starter but Viktor has proven he is NHL caliber and it may not be long before he takes the #1 job from Hiller.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That was a terrific game by Viktor. I think he has continued to look better as the season has progressed. Hiller may technically still be the starter but Viktor has proven he is NHL caliber and it may not be long before he takes the #1 job from Hiller.

Agreed. Having Andersen could force a trade. Especially if we're trying to get some cap space freed up.

Hiller for Yakupov? :sarcasm: they do need a goalie :P

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

I talked with friends who had this same sentiment. A big problem that people don't think about, not saying you specifically, is that he has not handled the rigors of being a NHL starter for a full 82 game season. YES, I'm aware that he started 45 games in the SEL.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
I am just wondering,

Is Fasth your number 1 starter? is it an 1A, 1B situation with him and Hiller?

Congrats on the Getzlaf signing and the win tonight. Good luck for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I am just wondering,

Congrats on the Getzlaf signing and the win tonight. Good luck for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

1A/1B right now

Leizi

Jan 13, 2011
Finland
I am just wondering,

Pretty much a 1A/1B situation, Fasth has been better though.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Fasth played excellent tonight but for for those acting as if Hiller has been playing poor you're gravely mistaken.

He is 4-0-1 with a 2.14GAA since coming back from his lower body injury earlier this season.

Either way awesome result tonight and congrats to Fasth on the SO.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
The other great comment was:

"My brother plays goalie as well"
"Oh, is there any chance he'll make it over here"
"Yeah! He's coming next week"
"I meant to play in the NHL"
"Oh... No"

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I talked with friends who had this same sentiment. A big problem that people don't think about, not saying you specifically, is that he has not handled the rigors of being a NHL starter for a full 82 game season. YES, I'm aware that he started 45 games in the SEL.

Well, that's a valid point but it isn't fair to him to necessarily assume he can't. It would have been nice to have a full season this year to judge him but unfortunately we don't get that luxury.

If Perry signs a Getzlaf type deal BM may be looking to save a few bucks next year and trading Hiller would save $4.5. Not saying he should but it wouldn't shock me.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Well, that's a valid point but it isn't fair to him to necessarily assume he can't. It would have been nice to have a full season this year to judge him but unfortunately we don't get that luxury.

If Perry signs a Getzlaf type deal BM may be looking to save a few bucks next year and trading Hiller would save $4.5. Not saying he should but it wouldn't shock me.
If he had to do it out of cap/salary reasons, then I can't really fault him for that. I'm not sure that will be necessary, though.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Completely agree, I was just bringing up a point that I was quick to bring up when they wanted to ship out Hiller ASAP. Just like other teams like Colorado and Tampa have learned in reverse circumstances, a stud "backup" NHL goaltender doesn't necessarily translate to a stud full time goaltender. Then again, we took a significant risk in shipping out JS and keeping Hiller.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I love Fasth's post game interviews. I still remember him being asked a question regarding stopping a lot of shots and he replied with something like "that is why I goalie, because I want to stop puck." :laugh:

"Me goalie, you forward harhahrhar"

The Ducks won 4-0 but that doesn't describe the game. They started good and got a goal fast and then Staubitz got that dumb penalty and the momentum went to the Flames. Anaheim was in big trouble a lot of times and thanks to Fasth they managed to win. Lucky win really.

Couple of things, was the ice in bad shape or something because people were just flying around a lot? Also, does anyone agree that the refs weren't that great tonight? Seemed like there were a few trippings uncalled. I'm also wondering why people left at the end, is the traffic so bad that people leave when the outcome is clear?

daner

Feb 18, 2009
Does anyone know if Fasth or Hiller will start against St. Louis on Sunday? Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad