Pre-Game Talk: Apparently the Penguins play their biggest rival in 43 minutes. Does anyone care?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sucks that Geno is out, but at least that will get a 6th def up here next game.

Chorney was scratched for the baby pens today, i'm guessing he gets called up for Saturday's game.

No we don't. Only way we can recall a player now is if we put someone on IR, which we won't do since a player put on IR with 10 or fewer games left in the season is ineligible to be reactivated until the following regular season.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
I think if this was a playoff game, Malkin would be in. After seeing Ehrhoff, etc. go down in rivalry games no reason to give them a chance to head hunt one of our best players in a game tha means nothing to them.

This.

I could care less if he plays tonight, i'd rather not risk Rinaldo running around trying to injure him.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
No we don't. Only way we can recall a player now is if we put someone on IR, which we won't do since a player put on IR with 10 or fewer games left in the season is ineligible to be reactivated until the following regular season.

I don't think that's how it works, i'm pretty sure pens can use the emergency recall if only 19 skaters play tonight, and assuming the pens only have 19 skaters for next game.

If Perron would of sat out Sunday's game and tonight's game pens could of called somebody up for tonight's game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think if this was a playoff game, Malkin would be in. After seeing Ehrhoff, etc. go down in rivalry games no reason to give them a chance to head hunt one of our best players in a game tha means nothing to them.

I think that's why he played last weekend. I really do. The Pens had to win those two, and going into last weekend, it looked like the Pens would be hard pressed to beat anyone without Malkin (which is what they'd been the previous two weeks). With how Ottawa looked a week ago, the Pens had lost those two . . .

I get why he came back, because going into last weekend, it was must win.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver

true , we all know that the flyers will be out there hunting heads now that they've been eliminated from the playoffs. They have nothing to play for,

Sorry

May 18, 2005
This.

I could care less if he plays tonight, i'd rather not risk Rinaldo running around trying to injure him.

I was at the Sharks/Flyers game on saturday. Rinaldo is neutered, useless, and Flyers fans hate him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think that's how it works, i'm pretty sure pens can use the emergency recall if only 19 skaters play tonight, and assuming the pens only have 19 skaters for next game.

If Perron would of sat out Sunday's game and tonight's game pens could of called somebody up for tonight's game.

I'd be happy if you're right, but I think the issue there is the Pens don't have the cap space for it. They need to put someone on IR to get the cap space.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
If ever there was a game that we would lose horrifically it would be this one. I just hope no-one gets injured.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Aside from being a Pens fan and wanting to see Malkin play well, him being out the last few games has completely screwed my fantasy team.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Sharks/Flyers isn't a rivalry lol. Rinaldo injured Letang last time they played.

Since when has it had to be a rivalry for a loser like Rinaldo to act like an idiot? I'm pretty sure the league told him if he does anything like that again he can kiss half a season goodbye. He's neutered. Shouldn't even register on a list of concerns for the Pens right now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Since when has it had to be a rivalry for a loser like Rinaldo to act like an idiot? I'm pretty sure the league told him if he does anything like that again he can kiss half a season goodbye. He's neutered. Shouldn't even register on a list of concerns for the Pens right now.

He'll probably play 12 minutes tonight with Simmonds going down. Even if he is neutered, he can still do something stupid and it's not worth it to let them happen with five games. I think they would sit Sid on Sunday if it wasn't for our injuries / cap issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00