Post-Game Talk: Apparently no one else is making one edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Mods, throw this in with whatever PGT gets made if someone makes it.

So that sucked.

Team played like they spent the last 36 hours on a bender in wherever Montreal's red light district is. Could count the number of board battles won on the fingers of one hand. Defense sucks. Even Tanev was throwing pucks away blindly. Sedins and Vrbata played like they were being remotely controlled by a LAN in India with a 48k dialup connection that had a bird's nest in the router. Passing...what's that?

Gong show. Let's just hope they can rest and recuperate before the next game, whenever that is.

Ugh.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Now these are games where you give Miller credit despite the loss.

Not games won in which he was **** but had a ton of offensive support.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Our top 6 is too old. As the season drags on its gonna get worse and worse. No gas left in the tank for the playoffs is going to be the 2012-2016 theme

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Our top 6 is too old. As the season drags on its gonna get worse and worse. No gas left in the tank for the playoffs is going to be the 2012-2016 theme

I fear this is the truth.
If our guys are gased at game 30 - we are in trouble.

I don't care about being on the road.
The playoffs are a war. If we can't handle a few games on the east coast early in the regular season, we are in dire straits.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Interesting reading the Willie D quotes postgame regarding the Bonino/Bo swap late...more a demotion for Higgy and Burr than a demotion/promotion for the Centers.

Sounds like we're not the only ones who have noticed that 2nd line going into the deep freeze of late. Burrows kind of bungling his responsibilities on the winner probably isn't going to help earn any brownie points back with the coaches either.

Need to get the 2nd line going in this homestand coming up...whoever ends up being on it. Can only get so far with "depth scoring" if your 2nd line is a non-entity and the top-line is slumping.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Try Jensen with Bonino and move Burrows down to 4LW and Hansen to 3RW. Burrows Horvat Dorsett could be a solid checking line.
Bonino might be able to get Jensen the looks with the puck to shoot. At least some potential there and maybe he can lift the puck more the. 3" off the ice

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Amazing how people change their minds from game to game.

The Canucks just played 3 games in 4 nights, having to travel between each game, and have some serious injury issues to deal with. The Hamhuis injury is starting to catch up, particularly with a tired defence.

The loss of Kassian and Matthias have really hurt our bottom two lines. Good news is that they should both be back relatively soon.

I didn't get to actually watch much of the game, just the majority of the third period. Jensen looks like he belongs.

Every team goes through a bad stretch or two.

Montreal, who many people liked coming out of the east, had just lost 6 of 7, and their injury problems aren't nearly as bad as ours.

LA has lost their last two, including tonight against Buffalo.

We're going to be fine. After a couple wins in a row, people will be right back on the Canucks bandwagon. We just finished a long 7 game in 12 day roadtrip, playing without some important players, and now we're back at home where we could rattle off 4 in a row and have both Kassian and Matthias back before we play the California teams again .

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwww......

That's all. Well and... Miller. Feel good for the guy for THAT performance...

The Biggest thing that struck me about our team when it comes to crunch time :

What do you guys notice here? Players on the ice with the goalie pulled...

Sedins, Vrbata, Bonino, Edler, Bieksa....

WHERE'S THE SPEED UPFRONT?

There was a shoot around and Bonino was the guy chasing... Good luck.

Virtanen is going to be a gorgeous piece for us one day.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
The Canucks older players all looked tired as hell. Miller is in this group. So are the Sedins. Desjardins will have to manage minutes closely if he doesn't want burn out. That seems like an emerging issue.

Hamhuis absence has pushed the defense down to mid pack.

Eddie Lack should be drawing in more when the team is outside Pacific Standard Time. Early starts and jet lag simply affect younger guys less.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Now these are games where you give Miller credit despite the loss.

Not games won in which he was **** but had a ton of offensive support.

Agreed. Good thing we have 3 games in 12 nights now so we can get some rest. But it is fairly concerning the team looked so tuckered out the last two games this early in the season.

Our goaltending is something we are going to need to lean on in the near future I think unfortunately the streak of high goal support is about to end.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Just going to continue from the GDT...

not sure if this is the OT thread or...

Dat awkward moment when you have to check the thread title just to make sure.

I've never noticed one.

Assuming you're not a dolphin, I'll believe you on that.

It's really just a matter of adjusting. After switching to diet a long time ago, I can't go back. The "real thing" tastes so thick and heavy now, don't like it anymore.

I could see myself doing that too. It comes down to whether you really want to switch or not... but I don't even drink much pop anymore so what the hell. :laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Couldn't agree more....acid test for the Canucks will be the Jan-Feb period....that's when the 'Nucks ran out of gas last year....everybody blamed Torts for over-using his top players, but core is well on the north side of 30 in a young man's league....before the season is over I'd like to see the likes of Kenins, De Fazio, Sanguinetti or Biega elevated from Utica....can't believe they could be any worse than our blueline and some of our forwards right now:(

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I bet they're shipping Tanev back to Vancouver in a block of ice after the last 2 games.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The bi-polar swing around here really gets tiresome. We are going to go through low points during the season. Two weeks ago Chicago wasn't even a playoff team while San Jose is still struggling to cling to eighth. Montreal just won their first game after losing six out of seven. It happens, especially when you are forced to play Edler and Tanev well beyond reasonably respectable minutes due to Hamhuis' injury.

My only concern is the nonexistence of our second line lately. It had made shutting down the Sedins not only the opposition's focal point, but a goal easily accomplished. We need to shift things around because apparently Higgins/Bonino/Burrows aren't.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
The bi-polar swing around here really gets tiresome. We are going to go through low points during the season. Two weeks ago Chicago wasn't even a playoff team while San Jose is still struggling to cling to eighth. Montreal just won their first game after losing six out of seven. It happens, especially when you are forced to play Edler and Tanev well beyond reasonably respectable minutes due to Hamhuis' injury.

My only concern is the nonexistence of our second line lately. It had made shutting down the Sedins not only the opposition's focal point, but a goal easily accomplished. We need to shift things around because apparently Higgins/Bonino/Burrows aren't.

This so much. I've never seen anything quite like it. The way people burn the team down is incredible. We just went 3-3-1 on a tough, long roadtrip and people think thats it, seasons over.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Last few games have been tough to watch as a fan. Any time you lose in the two biggest hockey city's in the world its pretty crappy. For the team it also sucks leaving easy Eastern conference points on the table.

Been said enough but we need more out of the 2nd line. with few other options it appears once again the coaching staff is going to have to be patient. I don't see any demotions happening on the roster, although I think Hansen could use time on the 2nd line and that might be an option. they've got to do what they can to get bonino going, however. he's the catalyst on that line. Probably need to be getting him more time on the PP than 1:05

Vey blanked out despite 2:47 of PP time. Can't help but think Bonino needs 45 of those seconds on that unit.

Sbisa is really a player that makes you cringe until you shudder when he has the puck

The habs are a good face off team so i was interested in the head to head match up.
At 9/16 Henrik led the way and was very strong in the circle. He went 4/6 against Plecanec and 2/2 against malholtra, two terrific feats.

Richardson was decent at 8/17.

Bonino went 4/9

Horvat had a tough night, going 2/8- getting skooled a bit by Plekanec.

Vey took 1 draw and lost it to Malholtra

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Maybe we won't get so many weak calls against us at home
That might help a little when it comes to how dead we were
I mean...it's unlikely, but hey, I can hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events