Apparently Foley is who he seems like he is.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
As the season has progressed, I keep thinking what folks (me!) would have missed not being able to watch the games. I've only caught a bit of D'Uva's calls on the radio, and I like him, but seeing is believing, as "they" say. Although what the Knights have done so far this season is pretty unbelievable!

Still think the whole TV thing was an unnecessary mess, but it did finally turn out well...last minute. :eek:

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Also glad he stuck with the name Golden Knights instead of the Aces. I really doubt the merchandise sales would thrive for the Las Vegas Aces.

Very cool that Foley hangs out with the players. Sounds like another reason for a free agent to want to play for the VGK.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
You have the Foley’s of the world, and then you have Melnyk....good god is Ottawa doomed.

When you have a no hockey experience owner dictating all the moves for a franchise, you know you are in bad shape.

I loved the quote by Gallant saying Foley sticks to the business part and doesn’t stick his nose in the hockey side. Good things to come here in Vegas.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I thought aces would've been cool, double meaning with the air force base and the playing cards. After they nailed the golden knights logo and jerseys though, who gives a crap?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Always liked Foley.

He said even before hiring the GM that he wants a team with a proud work ethic. (The Knights nickname was central to his military-inspired vision of an honorable competitor.) McPhee later echoed the commitment, which is one reason it was clear the team wasn't going to draft or trade for Evander Kane when the buzz last year was he would be moved and some thought Vegas would be in the running. I KNEW in my gut that they couldn't pass up on Eakin or Perron if consistent effort on the ice was in the cards.

It's nice to have an owner that actually cares about what the team does and how it does it, and not just treat the team as another feather in his cap.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I've also heard that the VGK value character (another chivalrous/knight attribute). Different/similar to work ethic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad