Anze Kopitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Jiddy

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
Just wondering what some opnions are about Kopitar and his style of play and what type of career he might have in the NHL. Who is he similar to and what is his potential. The Hockey News has him going 6th overall in their draft rankings. Is this the right spot or do you see him going higher or lower. How did he look in the World Championship tourny on a weak Slovenia team and how many years is he away from stepping onto an NHL team and playing. I know this is a lot at once but I don't know too much about Kopitar so anything that can be answered or added to the above would be great! Thanks!

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
At the monent it looks like Kopitar will get a spot on Södertälje SK of the SEL, he spent last year with Södertäljes U-20 team where he scored 49 (28+21) points in 30 games, he was +29 and had 26 PIMs (he lead the league in points). I hope he can manage to secure the 2nd line C spot, if he fails he might be put on the 4th line or back in juniors, the risk (since i want him in Södertälje) is that he might go to NA to play junior-hockey if/when the CBA is settled.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
How would you compare him to Bourret (for those that've seen him). If this guys upside is that of Vanek with defence, how does that compare to Bourret's maximum upside? and how would either of these guys fit into a Sutter system of play (you know, hard work, speed, cycling the puck and working off of giveaways to get scoring chances)

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
The kid's dad was his coach, so I don't think he will have motivational issues. He has great hands, even seen compared to Jagr's. Heatley is a good comparison. He has some speed issues, but he's a great playmaker and can put the puck in the net. I don't know about his D though, because that Slovenian team wasn't much of a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad