News Article: Anze Kopitar nominated for the Lady Byng Trophy!

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
"The Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, formerly known as the Lady Byng Trophy, is presented each year to the National Hockey League "player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability, so much so, that this gentlemanly conduct does not act to be so offensive as to score goals on the opponent. This could be hurtful and emotionally damaging to the opponent"

Yep, that exemplifies Anze Kopitar 2015.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
He definitely was more friendly this year by having a 100 less shots than his previous year...

In all seriousness, I'm glad he's nominated. Probably won't win, but its still great that he's getting recognition.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Also known as the "We gotta give Gretzky some type of award" trophy.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Congrats to Kopi.

Cannot believe the number of people here ripping him. Unbelievable.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
They can engrave "Anze Perimitar" on it tonight, no need to wait for the vote!

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
They can engrave "Anze Perimiter" on it tonight, no need to wait for the vote!

134 shots and 10 PIM. If one asked before the season began, are those the numbers of A: Kopitar B: Lewis or C: Alec Martinez, you would answer B or C. or, A, if Kopitar missed a third of the season. Those numbers are sub-beast mode performing...or underperforming.

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
134 shots and 10 PIM. If one asked before the season began, are those the numbers of A: Kopitar B: Lewis or C: Alec Martinez, you would answer B or C. or, A, if Kopitar missed a third of the season. Those numbers are sub-beast mode performing...or underperforming.

The reason for his low shot number is called Marian Gaborik.

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans

The reason for his low shot number is called Marian Gaborik.
I dont have the number ( if anyone has would be great) but I think with Gaborik in the lineup Kopi is close or at PPG

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
Anyone else buying this? Yeah, didn't think so. :laugh:

Thats a shame cause its true. He is still on top with advanced stats, does it mater who on his line shots...?
And based on opinion that Kopi is at PPG with Gabs in the lineup his decision not to shot is a good one isnt it...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can buy that's one of the reasons--deferring to an elite shooter--but he was noticeably less assertive with shooting the puck period. Brown scored 33 goals with Kopi and that didn't tax his numbers.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I can buy that's one of the reasons--deferring to an elite shooter--but he was noticeably less assertive with shooting the puck period. Brown scored 33 goals with Kopi and that didn't tax his numbers.

Yep. His shot total was a career low by a long shot. 134 is just nuts.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Thats a shame cause its true. He is still on top with advanced stats, does it mater who on his line shots...?
And based on opinion that Kopi is at PPG with Gabs in the lineup his decision not to shot is a good one isnt it...

No, it wasn't a good idea. Getting pucks to the net is what drives offense in the NHL. Kopitar didn't take the puck to the net often enough, nor did he shoot often enough.

If you have a break down of Kopitar's performance with and without Gaborik please share it. Bottom line though is Kopitar needs to be less passive and more assertive in the offensive zone. I don't want to see the second coming of Joe Thornton out there playing for the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad