Speculation: Anyway we can grab Francois Allaire?

Ducksgo*

With him being fired from Toronto and with him training Gigy in the early years I wonder if we should pick him back up. If Hiller looks shaky between the pipes maybe Allaire could help him.

Also having him raise Gibson from the ground up sounds amazing to me.

Just a thought

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I'd rather keep Peters, Hiller had a Vezina year(until injury) with Peters as his coach. Plus Jiggy's pads had more to do with his success than Allaire :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Not an expert on this, should ask Sutton :sarcasm:

But our backups haven`t been so good in last years. But i have no idea weather that has something to do with coaches. We din`t had very good backups after all. I could expect more from Ellis, but injuries were ruining him. Emery did ok imo.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
If it aren't broke, don't fix it

Not an expert on this, should ask Sutton :sarcasm:

But our backups haven`t been so good in last years. But i have no idea weather that has something to do with coaches. We din`t had very good backups after all. I could expect more from Ellis, but injuries were ruining him. Emery did ok imo.
Thought Ellis was solid as back up myself. Averaged around .914 sv% over his 2 seasons here IIRC. I'd of been more then happy having him back this year if he could show he was over his injuries.

Kind of a shame Emery left, but understandable he wanted a run at the #1 spot.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If it aren't broke, don't fix it

Thought Ellis was solid as back up myself. Averaged around .914 sv% over his 2 seasons here IIRC. I'd of been more then happy having him back this year if he could show he was over his injuries.

Kind of a shame Emery left, but understandable he wanted a run at the #1 spot.

Yes, i guess he wasn`t as bad, but the injuries hurt him real bad.

He was playing not less than 30 games 4 seasons in a row (even in the season when we got him, he played already 31 games with Tampa. With us he finished the season with 13 games and that one playoff game, where he left very bad impression, but it wasn`t all him.

And then, the upcoming season he only managed to play 10 games for us. Injuries hurt him, that`s for sure.

However, good for him, he played very good for Checkers in AHL, and now it`s Canes backup spot for him to loose. Wish him all the best, he wasn`t bad, but it just didn`t worked out with us, unfortunately.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Allaire was considered one of the best goalie coaches in the world when he was in Anaheim...whatta hell happend? ...Oh yeah.... Toronto.

Peters didn't get much love here when signed but I guess he is doing ok job.

Ducksgo*

Allaire was considered one of the best goalie coaches in the world when he was in Anaheim...whatta hell happend? ...Oh yeah.... Toronto.

Peters didn't get much love here when signed but I guess he is doing ok job.

My point exactly he was the best goalie coach this organization had. Allaire? And Gibson? Salivating at the next brodeur :)

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Allaire was considered one of the best goalie coaches in the world when he was in Anaheim...whatta hell happend?

I deleted your answer of "Toronto" in your quote, because I don't think that's what happened to him. He was perfect for Giguere. Hiller was able to work with him, and apply it to his game. But Allaire has his way, and for all it looked like in Toronto, he kept imposing that play on everyone. He was trying to force the square through the circle-shaped hole. If a goalie has a basis that works with his blocking-game, you're going to be fine. If you have one that's able to apply his input in a way that makes you improve your somewhat different game, without breaking it down entirely, that may be even better. But especially for a young goalie, if your game doesn't fit him, you're going to get torn apart before getting re-assembled, and there's no telling whether there's going to be important pieces getting lost along the way that made you get to where you were in the first place.

It's a bit bold, but judging from this distance, that's the impression I got. He can work, but I don't really need the risk I see there.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hiller said that one of the big reasons he signed here was because of Allaire. IIRC there were issues between him and Bryz though.

I don't have any issues with Peeters, he seems to be doing his job well. No need to bring back Allaire (who left in the first place because he wanted to work closer to home so I doubt he comes back here anyway) at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad