OT: Anything Goes 8: Fire This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
That's what I said. This is a 300 level class too.

Don't look into it. The guy is a far left winger when it comes to foreign policy and he's basically angry the whole book.

Haha. Noted. I don't think I'll need to worry about that, can't stand reading politics. Took a political sociology class last semester and just couldn't stay awake. Professor was a radical. Funny guy though.

In essays the only paragraphs of mine that are less than 3/4-1 page are the intro and conclusion :laugh:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Haha. Noted. I don't think I'll need to worry about that, can't stand reading politics. Took a political sociology class last semester and just couldn't stay awake. Professor was a radical. Funny guy though.

In essays the only paragraphs of mine that are less than 3/4-1 page are the intro and conclusion :laugh:

This guy is a radical too. Rooted for Vietnam in the war. Thinks America deserves the blame for the Cold War. He is a native Chicagoan and a Cubs fan though, so at least there's that.

Mine are usually 1/2 a page, but I had to stretch this out. I'll probably size it up when I read through it.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
This guy is a radical too. Rooted for Vietnam in the war. Thinks America deserves the blame for the Cold War. He is a native Chicagoan and a Cubs fan though, so at least there's that.

Mine are usually 1/2 a page, but I had to stretch this out. I'll probably size it up when I read through it.

Quite a bit worse than my professor. Although Vietnam was a waste. Groupthink and effort justification dragged it on. Still doesn't justify genuinely rooting against the U.S. though.

Paragraph length stopped mattering as soon as high school ended. I've never had anyone who cared about it. Is your professor uptight about that stuff?

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Quite a bit worse than my professor. Although Vietnam was a waste. Groupthink and effort justification dragged it on. Still doesn't justify genuinely rooting against the U.S. though.

Paragraph length stopped mattering as soon as high school ended. I've never had anyone who cared about it. Is your professor uptight about that stuff?

He's not really uptight about anything so I'm not really worried. I just need to finish this conclusion.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I'm a natural writer, but I can't hault thought. I go on and on and ****ing on about stuff. I wrote a 34-page final paper (double-spaced) this year. Most others were about 20 pages. I need to get down to the nitty gritty better. I have done a lot better.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Jeez. I think I wrote one 8 page paper in high school and the rest were all under 6. That's nuts.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
It was an extensive final paper for an advanced journalism class. It took me about six hours. I am aware that professors won't read that much material, but the expectation of that was assignment was that it would be quite lengthy. I just took it to another level.

Last edited:

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
It was an extensive final paper for an advanced journalism class. It took me about six hours. I am aware that professors won't read that much material, but the expectation of that was assigent was that it would be quite lengthy. I just took it to another level.

In college, you fail for taking it to another level. Professors don't want to grade gagillion page papers if they don't have to.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
In college, you fail for taking it to another level. Professors don't want to grade gagillion page papers if they don't have to.

Relatively speaking. If they say "4-6" pages but aren't strict about it, you'll be fine going up to 8 or so. But some professors refuse to grade anything that exceeds the word or page limit.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica

I know that and have had steady improvement. I'd hate to put in twice as much work and get half the grade. I am finding that middle ground and maturing with my writing technique.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I took a class on the 60s, and for extra credit we had to write a 1 page paper on a picture that related to the 60s and the themes of the class, like gaining power, the effect TV had on society, and what not.

This was the image I used.
nhl1967-68map-w-jerseys_h2.gif

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
within 7 days I got 2 new albums

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentleman & Shady Ladys
Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll

Both are great, both are real good to hear and I give you the advice to buy them and enjoy them. Great work done by both bands

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
within 7 days I got 2 new albums

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentleman & Shady Ladys
Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll

Both are great, both are real good to hear and I give you the advice to buy them and enjoy them. Great work done by both bands

I can't stand Fall Out Boy... Act all punk and they grew up in one of the richest neighborhoods in the entire Chicagoland area. Not a fan.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Rent Sid and Nancy if you want an idea what real punk was. Disturbing but interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad