Anyone with any cost effective solutions on how to get to game tomorrow night in Phil

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
You can take the peter pan bus (yes you read that right) from Port Authority 42nd from manhattan into philly if that helps at all. It stops at arch ave and 11th i believe. Not sure how far that is from the arena, though. Cost is 30-40 round trip last time i was down there.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If they win you can soar home on the wings of joy.

Or...

Felt-Like-Running.gif

Look at that playoff beard.

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
Thinking outside the box again, especially if cash is a big issue...do you have credit card points that can be converted into Amtrak Rewards points?

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
If you're in the city, you can do NJT to SEPTA which will set you back about $30 round trip plus the cost of the subway. Take the Northeast Corridor from Penn Station to the last stop(Trenton, make sure you get a train which goes all the way there instead of terminating at Jersey Avenue), and then get on the Trenton Line at TTN(pretty clearly marked) to 30th street station. Once there, take the Market Frankford line 1 stop and switch for the southbound Broad Street line, take it to the last stop(ATT Station), and the WFC is right there. Will probably take you about 2:30-3:00 one way from NYC though(There's a NJT train which leaves Penn at 4:33, gets into Trenton 5:45, and then the connecting train leaves Trenton at 5:58 and gets into 30th st at 6:45, and then it's ~20 minutes on the subway). It's a trek, but relatively inexpensive and should run late enough for your needs(Last train leaves 30th st at midnight and connects to a train which gets you into Penn at 2:46 AM). If you miss that, next one leaves at 4:20 AM and gets you into NYC at 6:48).

I've never done this, but I know people that have and while it takes a while, it's pretty seamless. Might be a good option in a pinch.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
If you take the train from MSG to Trenton, that's about 90-100 minutes. After that should be another 60-90-ish to get to 30th and then ATT.

WVULax22

Apr 8, 2014
How much would it cost to drive?

NY-Philly is about 90 miles one way, which would equate to 180 miles round trip. 180 miles round trip in my Jeep Wrangler (which is pretty bad on gas) would be 3/4's of a tank of gas and would cost me about $35-$45. If you can't afford $35-$45 in gas you'll probably have trouble affording any alternative options as well.

If you have a car that's better on gas then it would be even cheaper.

Maybe you can hitch a ride with someone on here that's from your area and going to the game?

(Yes, I watch my mileage religiously and keep track of every mile driven in relation to gallon used on a sheet of paper in my glove compartment.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad