Mar 6, 2008
'91 if you jabronis can afford it

220px-NHL_Hockey_Coverart.png

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Same here, too cheap for a ps4. Still playing HUT?

Cheap in a way, but in general I really wasn't playing ps3 that much towards the end. As time has gone on I've gotten back into NHL 14.
Never played HUT, just always be a GM mode and every once in a while when I had friends over we would play as a 5 man team online.

Once ps5 comes out and the slim model becomes available I'll probably buy that.

Spikey

Feb 12, 2020
Nope but I still am playing NHL 18. I won't get a new NHL game until Seattle gets their team.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I did not buy the ps4 and lost my NHL 15 game, so still playing NHL 14 for some hockey fun, trying to do a rebuild in GM mode currently.

I won't say it's better than the recent games (that would be disingenuous), but the improvements are smaller every year and I'd say NHL 14 is still very playable even a day after playing NHL 20 at a friend's place.

Now NHL 05 on the Gamecube... that's a little rough to go back to

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I did not buy the ps4 and lost my NHL 15 game, so still playing NHL 14 for some hockey fun, trying to do a rebuild in GM mode currently.

I won't say it's better than the recent games (that would be disingenuous), but the improvements are smaller every year and I'd say NHL 14 is still very playable even a day after playing NHL 20 at a friend's place.

Now NHL 05 on the Gamecube... that's a little rough to go back to

Man, I want to get into playing NHL14 and 15 for the PS3 or the 360. I could watch a throwback 'Be a GM' series on YouTube on that era and still be entertained.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Man, I want to get into playing NHL14 and 15 for the PS3 or the 360. I could watch a throwback 'Be a GM' series on YouTube on that era and still be entertained.

What's the problem with the newer games 'Be a GM'? I've only played games on those

For what it's worth there's a bug on 14 that makes the console freeze with too many draft picks... not a dealbreaker but it does kinda suck haha.

But man it's weird, 2014 is still fresh enough that players are still current, but guys like Forsberg, Stone, Wilson had not developped yet. A guy like Kucherov was not a superstar and yet seems to be doing great in Tampa. Binnington was in the game and had a good potential (!!). Also I found it interesting that McDavid was in the game, but you would think they;d boost his potential like crazy if he was a 15 in the OH, but he doesn't look that great yet.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
What's the problem with the newer games 'Be a GM'? I've only played games on those

I haven't played 19 or 20 (yet). I was able to finish 16, 17 and now trying to complete my NHL18 franchise-mode save. I personally don't mind the GM-mode experience.

I don't know if it's an issue now in the newer versions, but you could tell who was going to 'jump' and pan-out based on contract negotiations. If I had a Low-Elite 81 Dman that I drafted, but the contract re-neg only wants 2 mill for 8 years, I could just sign them for that long and trade them for picks.

For what it's worth there's a bug on 14 that makes the console freeze with too many draft picks... not a dealbreaker but it does kinda suck haha.

what system do you have? I have a tendency to hoard draft picks so i'll try not to do that lol.

Also I found it interesting that McDavid was in the game, but you would think they;d boost his potential like crazy if he was a 15 in the OH, but he doesn't look that great yet.

I know (from what I've seen on Youtube), McDavid doesn't grow as fast in '14. In '15, he grows a lot more quickly.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I haven't played 19 or 20 (yet). I was able to finish 16, 17 and now trying to complete my NHL18 franchise-mode save. I personally don't mind the GM-mode experience.

I don't know if it's an issue now in the newer versions, but you could tell who was going to 'jump' and pan-out based on contract negotiations. If I had a Low-Elite 81 Dman that I drafted, but the contract re-neg only wants 2 mill for 8 years, I could just sign them for that long and trade them for picks.

what system do you have? I have a tendency to hoard draft picks so i'll try not to do that lol.

I know (from what I've seen on Youtube), McDavid doesn't grow as fast in '14. In '15, he grows a lot more quickly.

For McDavid: I give them benefit of the doubt since idk when rosters are made, and he was so young. But in a game, I'd put any exceptional status player as 90% chance of becoming elite hahaha

I have a PS3 (fat model?) it's an annoying issue but I it doesn't kill the save. All I did to solve it was to reload the most recent save point (thanks autosave!) and trade away my later picks (and keep my 1sts obviously!). It sucks but not a game killer at least.

And thanks for the contract negotiations tip, I'll be more careful to check those ;) My prospects are worth almost nothing though so whatever haha. DeAngelo seems like he will be awesome but still not much "trade value" for example.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I have a PS3 (fat model?) it's an annoying issue but I it doesn't kill the save. All I did to solve it was to reload the most recent save point (thanks autosave!) and trade away my later picks (and keep my 1sts obviously!). It sucks but not a game killer at least.

There you go! When I watch the old gameplays it seems like a common theme in EA is regen players are scrambled all over the place. When you further into Franchise Mode, these guys come out with 5-star skating ability, defense or shooting right out of the draft (top prospects)

Reactions: abo9

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
NHL Legacy (basically a minor upgrade on NHL 14) runs decent on a PS3 Emulator if you are on PC.

999999-014633734645.jpg

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
My 6 year old was going pretty hard on this through the pandemic lockdown :laugh:

It's from 2010 so it has many of today's superstars... on junior rosters :sarcasm:

The good part is that he played on his feet, running around and shooting pucks with the Wii stick. But yeah, I'm going to upgrade him to the PS5 as soon as I can get my grubby hands on one, hopefully before Christmas!

81ljzFd-KGL._AC_SL1429_.jpg

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
My 6 year old was going pretty hard on this through the pandemic lockdown :laugh:

It's from 2010 so it has many of today's superstars... on junior rosters :sarcasm:

The good part is that he played on his feet, running around and shooting pucks with the Wii stick. But yeah, I'm going to upgrade him to the PS5 as soon as I can get my grubby hands on one, hopefully before Christmas!

81ljzFd-KGL._AC_SL1429_.jpg

If I remember correctly, first Be a Pro experience in a game? As a kid I loved doing a 200 pts season over 7 games as a Pee-Wee :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad