Anyone remember this?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
How about Mike Comries goal vs Arizona.
I can't find it on youtube but it was filthy, toe drag.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I was so young when Weight was playing here that I have very few memories of him in our uni. I didn't realize he had the skill to make those kind of plays.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009

I remember that goal, never been able to find it online. 1 on 1 toe drag then dangles to backhand on the goalie if I remember right. I think it was on an old Don Cherry VHS.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'll never forget this goal, nice quality clip. Gotta love HockeyWebCast

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I remember that goal, never been able to find it online. 1 on 1 toe drag then dangles to backhand on the goalie if I remember right. I think it was on an old Don Cherry VHS.

I recoreded it back in the day on VHS, they played that against Weights goal after on Sportsnet. Lost the tape with Oil playoffs on it too but I remember it all.

Then also Comrie in OT assisted by Smyth was sick, Rexall was off the hook. In his rookie season.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I recoreded it back in the day on VHS, they played that against Weights goal after on Sportsnet. Lost the tape with Oil playoffs on it too but I remember it all.

Then also Comrie in OT assisted by Smyth was sick, Rexall was off the hook. In his rookie season.

heh, VHS. I threw out all my tapes. Most of them stopped playing. Basically won't even wind. I had them stored in a cool basement as well. They only last so long then time for the trash bin. I had a lot of games recorded. :(

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Game 4, 2001.

https://youtu.be/uwUKPxE3Aok?t=41m15s

The beginning of this video also includes the Game 3 comeback (two goals in the final 1:03 to send the game to OT, Hogue won it though). I was there for that one, the guy beside me said Rem Murray was gonna tie it seconds before he did. Loudest I've heard Rexall while there.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
heh, VHS. I threw out all my tapes. Most of them stopped playing. Basically won't even wind. I had them stored in a cool basement as well. They only last so long then time for the trash bin. I had a lot of games recorded. :(

Yeah I lost that VHS cause one valued them later on and I moved few years later. Had some sick clips on their but to witness all that live is fascinating always. No matte the year.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Game 4, 2001.

https://youtu.be/uwUKPxE3Aok?t=41m15s

The beginning of this video also includes the Game 3 comeback (two goals in the final 1:03 to send the game to OT, Hogue won it though). I was there for that one, the guy beside me said Rem Murray was gonna tie it seconds before he did. Loudest I've heard Rexall while there.

Thanks man I forgot Smyth did not mean to pass.

The video shows how effective Laraque was as well, I was at the game he had a hat trick as well.

Thanks for the video again. Most should enjoy.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I remember looking for this goal a while back, but never being able to find it on YT. I'm sure it was, but I was blind. If that wasn't the case though, that's amazing that it's now up. I remember jumping off my couch in amazement when I saw it. :handclap:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
that may have been the single most spectacular goal ever scored in that building (in an official game, anyways).

the most incredible goal, goes to Hemsky's last seconder, after Stephan missed on the open net. unbelievable.

I missed that team. The Weight-Guerin-Brewer-Cujo team was one or two players away from contending.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
that may have been the single most spectacular goal ever scored in that building (in an official game, anyways).

the most incredible goal, goes to Hemsky's last seconder, after Stephan missed on the open net. unbelievable.

Now that you mention it, the funny thing is that @HockeyWebCast uploaded that goal in great quality as well just a week ago, with 2 different feeds. :yo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBns6ZUn0U

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010

A lot of people felt that goal ruined Comrie. He got way more individualistic after that and kept going back to that toe-drag move.

That Dallas series where he scored in OT... Didn't he also have an amazing assist where Hatcher drove him face first into the boards but Comrie still put a no-look pass between his (and Hatcher's) legs out into the slot? I think to Smyth who scored.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
That Ferraro rant does reflect poorly on him in hindsight, but it sure was hilarious to listen to at the time. :laugh:

Also, losing Weight is something that I will never forgive the Oilers for. He should have retired here. :cry:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

I missed that team. The Weight-Guerin-Brewer-Cujo team was one or two players away from contending.

Perhaps a top-10 goal all-time, but one needs to remember that the Edmonton Coliseum was home to the Boys on Bus.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
That Ferraro rant does reflect poorly on him in hindsight, but it sure was hilarious to listen to at the time. :laugh:

Also, losing Weight is something that I will never forgive the Oilers for. He should have retired here. :cry:

Blame it on the $$$$ and lack of a salary cap. So many great Oilers players were traded away or lost to FA, not just the dynasty team players. Cujo going to the Leafs of all teams stung just as much as losing Weight, for myself anyway.

If the Oilers had a rich owner in the late 90's we could have built up to a contender instead of just a team with tons of heart but short on enough high priced talent to ultimately contend for a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad