Anyone Remember this issue?

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
6819_FWJets-400.jpg

I have been keeping it bookmarked.

On a side note.

How long until Marky is wearing the C

Not that I am in a hurry to get rid of Wheels.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I agree Scheifele will be captain after Wheeler is gone but not sooner. I don’t know whether we’ll be able to keep Wheels after this year and if we do for how long. Sure hope this cover comes true. I thought we had a good shot at doing it a year ahead of schedule but then Fleury happened.

I’m concerned Trouba could throw a wrench in things although I suppose worst case he gets a 1 year deal after arbitration and plays his butt off to try justifying what he THINKS he’s worth.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I agree Scheifele will be captain after Wheeler is gone but not sooner. I don’t know whether we’ll be able to keep Wheels after this year and if we do for how long. Sure hope this cover comes true. I thought we had a good shot at doing it a year ahead of schedule but then Fleury happened.

I’m concerned Trouba could throw a wrench in things although I suppose worst case he gets a 1 year deal after arbitration and plays his butt off to try justifying what he THINKS he’s worth.

Refs*

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Everyone remembers that issue. The media is making a huge deal of it in 2018, since Sports Illustrated did a similar cover to the Houston Astros in 2014,predicting they would win the World Series in 2017, which they did. What is ironic is that the Hockey News is not exactly known for their accuracy in predicting Stanley Cup winners for the same year, let alone when they predicted the Jets would win the Stanley Cup in 2019, after their first playoff appearance in 2015.

They must have predicted a Stanley Cup for the San Jose Sharks at least 3 times in the late 2000's (2008-10 IIRC).

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
[QUOTE="Jets4Life, post: 148107717, member: Hockey News is not exactly known for their accuracy in predicting Stanley Cup winners....

They must have predicted a Stanley Cup for the San Jose Sharks at least 3 times in the late 2000's (2008-10 IIRC).[/QUOTE]

To be fair it was a pretty strong argument. That team owned everyone in the reg season for what? 5-6 years?!!!

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I guess my question was how long can we keep Wheeler for?

You mean how long should we keep him? That's been discussed at length on a couple of other threads. Depends on how much he will cost and on how long he will remain a top 10 in the league RW.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think you will see the transition to the younger leadership start this year and next.. By that i mean.. Wheeler will be moving on as will Buff.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
View attachment 129607

I have been keeping it bookmarked.

On a side note.

How long until Marky is wearing the C

Not that I am in a hurry to get rid of Wheels.

I have that magazine. I've been waiting for the team to gel in order for the prediction to come true. They came pretty close to the prize this past season and I'm hoping that everything falls into place for the Jets to win it in 2019.

I don't think Scheifele is quite ready for the 'C' just yet but in the meantime he's learning from someone (Wheeler) who provides a great example of what it takes to be a leader.

:jets

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That issue has been in the back of my mind since the Conference finals.

Not sure if I love or hate it, for different reasons - One being a hypersensitivity to jinxing stuff. One being proud that the Jets are mentioned as possible 2019 champs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad