Anyone notice that the “PLUS/MINUS” in Hockey History has changed?

Vanzig

Aug 6, 2018
Vancouver, B.C.
Does anyone know when the NHL.com and Hockey Reference, Quant Hockey etc changed some of the longtime Hockey “PLUS/MINUS” Stats?? And WHY??

GRETZKY as we know had a Lifetime Average of +518
In One Season he had a +98 Rating,

NOW 20 years later they changed it to
Lifetime Plus/Minus to +520
And +100 in the 1984-85 season.

It’s NOT just Gretzky but Clarke, Barber, Propp and others have also had their Stats changed.

Does anyone know “WHEN/WHY” and how could these stats all of a sudden be changed? If this has already been a thread then I’m sorry.
Anyone notice this?

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Does anyone know when the NHL.com and Hockey Reference, Quant Hockey etc changed some of the longtime Hockey “PLUS/MINUS” Stats?? And WHY??

GRETZKY as we know had a Lifetime Average of +518
In One Season he had a +98 Rating,

NOW 20 years later they changed it to
Lifetime Plus/Minus to +520
And +100 in the 1984-85 season.

It’s NOT just Gretzky but Clarke, Barber, Propp and others have also had their Stats changed.

Does anyone know “WHEN/WHY” and how could these stats all of a sudden be changed? If this has already been a thread then I’m sorry.
Anyone notice this?

Corrections and updates with the release of a solid amount of archival data going back to 1933-34. More will be released in time.

+/- is now available for RS as well as playoffs back to the start of the 1959-60 season.

Reactions: Vanzig

Vanzig

Aug 6, 2018
Vancouver, B.C.
OK thank you, I thought maybe someone was on WIKI and Hacking into the Site’s,.

I haven’t seen any Goals - Assists - Points being changed only the “PLUS/MINUS” .

Thank You for the Info.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
The NHL went over the boxscores as part of NHL 100, updating a lot of data, and posting lots of new stuff.
is this why they now have save percentages for 70s goalies? that shocked me a while ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad