Dan Carcillo
Zack Stortini
Paul Bissonnette
Kyle Quincey
John Mitchell
Brian Elliott
Paul Ranger
Ben Eager

I think that's all. Most was just luck of the draw growing up in with the 03' class and moving enough to play in three AAA divisions, along with summer hockey. I'm pretty sure Ovechkin was in a prospects game our draft year in Toronto, but I didn't bother getting a tourny program. Just remember playing a ridiculous Russian guy who was supposed to be a year younger. A tip to those with kids playing in the big hockey tournys - buy the program. Might be near litter at the time, but seeing it years later is pretty cool. I kept a program by chance from the Big Nickel tournament in Sudbury and after reading it recently, noticed a team a few years younger with Stamkos on it.

I remember being on a hotshot AAA team in Bantam that was playing a charity game against a bunch of NHL oldtimers. McKenny, Berg, Foligno and a few others were on the other team. They embarrassed us. Completely embarrassed us. I couldn't get over just how good these old men still were. McKenny was skating circles around us. I think we lost 12 - 0.

Last edited:

IslesZoso

Apr 30, 2010
Great Neck, LI
Garth Snow played defense on our summer league team. We ended up in first place. Unfortunately he hadda quit to GM a team when the season started lol.

A couple months later we convinced Miro Satan to lace up for our team. But you could tell he felt uncomfortable about it as soon as he stepped on the ice. He quit after a period and a half, saying it wasn't fair to the other team. Couldn't blame him as we went up 4-1 without him even trying.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Garth Snow played defense on our summer league team. We ended up in first place. Unfortunately he hadda quit to GM a team when the season started lol.

A couple months later we convinced Miro Satan to lace up for our team. But you could tell he felt uncomfortable about it as soon as he stepped on the ice. He quit after a period and a half, saying it wasn't fair to the other team. Couldn't blame him as we went up 4-1 without him even trying.

Which league do you play in?

goalie41

Feb 7, 2009
Dan Plante
Jerry "King Kong" Korab
Grant Mulvey
Bob Murray
Al Secord
Gordie Roberts

Plenty of Pro minor leaguers

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, I'm the same birth year (93) so others I've played with are not yet pros but NCAA d1 or major junior. As for me well I'm playing in a tier 3 Jr league

My dad played against Ed Belfour and Mike Vernon, he said they completely out shot both their teams but still ended up losing

tetra

Dec 2, 2013
Toronto
Troy Mallette although most of you probably don't know who he is.
I'm from Randy Carlyle's hometown (Azilda) and my Dad played hockey with him in high school. They said he was amazing and knew he was going to the NHL.

On a side note, when Randy won the cup with the Ducks he brought it to Azilda. It was the biggest thing that ever happened there. It's a very small town!

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I made some nice saves against Daneyko in a laid back game in high school, then I asked him to take a point shot on me after the game was over and didn't even see the puck once it lept off his blade and into the net.

My favorite goalie coach ever is named Phillipe DeRouville, he only had a cup of coffee in the NHL but he was a highly touted prospect and probably could have had carved out a nice career with a better chance. Unbelievable coach though and awesome personality.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Dallas Drake played in one of our E-League games. Lowest league in the area!:laugh: He switched teams half way through so we all got to play with and against him. Was pretty cool. I think he only took like 2 shots.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
One of the guys who taught me hockey played in the AHL, but unfortunately never got a shot at the NHL. I laced up against him last week, and he would proceed to go on a solo mission to deke around all of my friends, feed a no look pass to someone for a tap-in goal.

When I was a kid, he would knock my stick out of my hands by sending me a hard pass on the tape :P

Wease

Apr 14, 2007
Powell, OH
Sorry theres prolly a thread on this already so I apologize but last week my team beat a team with Jason Bonsignore playing for them so bad they had to stop counting the score...

It was weird because being a Rochester native I grew up meeting him and getting his autograph as a huge 1st rounder pegged for greatness his dad was friends with mine and I worshiped him and then here I am 25 years old and beating his team...

anyone experienced stuff like this?

What league and rink?

I grew up in Rochester, but I'm a lot older than you. I'm even older than Bonsignore. ;) I remember seeing him play in high school, right before he went to the OHL. There were pro scouts at his games.

No offense to you, but this must be an amazing team you're on. Bonsignore may have been an NHL bust, but he should have no problems in most any adult league running up the score...:nod:

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Terry Ryan and Darren Langdon.

Last summer I played pickup with a kid who was picked 3rd overall in the Q draft this year. Nathan Noel. The kid was like 5-6 years younger than all of us and still made us look dumb.

Like the stick work?:laugh:. Ps what senior team do you play for?

Same with this guy, played against Langer, Druken, bunch of retired NHLers and a few minor leaguers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad