OT: Anyone ever been to the Training Camp in Niagara Falls? Is it worth it

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Hey folks,

General question, I was looking to head down to the Gale Centre Arena in Niagara Falls this weekend for the Leafs training camp in hopes of watching the team up close and possibly scoring a few autographs on my jersey at their BBQ event.

Anyone ever been to one of these before? Is it worth it? Doors open 9:30am and apparently tickets are handed out before that on a first come first serve basis.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Hey folks,

General question, I was looking to head down to the Gale Centre Arena in Niagara Falls this weekend for the Leafs training camp in hopes of watching the team up close and possibly scoring a few autographs on my jersey at their BBQ event.

Anyone ever been to one of these before? Is it worth it? Doors open 9:30am and apparently tickets are handed out before that on a first come first serve basis.
My wife and I went last year on a Sat and we had a great time. We wanted to make sure we got tickets so we showed up early maybe about 6:45am. We were probably the first 20-30 fans on the lineup so we were there way too early lol.

You get up close to the players during on-ice scrimmage, some pics we took:

Y90IGMj.png

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
My wife and I went last year on a Sat and we had a great time. We wanted to make sure we got tickets so we showed up early maybe about 6:45am. We were probably the first 20-30 fans on the lineup so we were there way too early lol.

You get up close to the players during on-ice scrimmage, some pics we took:

Y90IGMj.png

Hey that's awesome! I was aiming to get there by 7:30am as so not sure if that's early as well.

any idea on their BBQ event on Sunday? Can you interact with players?

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Hey that's awesome! I was aiming to get there by 7:30am as so not sure if that's early as well.

any idea on their BBQ event on Sunday? Can you interact with players?
7:30am should be 'safe'. We only went down Sat for the day so I didn't get to see the BBQ event that is on Sun.. not sure if the schedule has changed so I would check before heading down.

Due North

Mar 16, 2010
Just got back home from arena. I had an appointment and I got there 1 hr late and there was still a bit of a line up. Got to see some drills then they had a scrimmage. I think the doors open at 9:30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad