Anyone else still getting IRS scam calls?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I got bombarded with these scam calls all last year, especially in the Summer when I was getting sometimes 3 a day. A lot of times they would leave messages using voiceovers from Xtranormal (do-it-yourself animation text-to-speech software that was popular in 2010), which I found hilarious, and the message was always the same. I have x amount of hours to pay x amount of money or I will be taken to court and then to jail. I loved calling them back to **** with them. Pretended to be a cop and a real IRS agent on occasion and that would throw them for a loop.

Anyways I got my first one in at least 6 months if not longer, today. I called them back but it looks like the number got banned. I'm thinking about wasting a large chunk of their time next time they call. Pretend to go through with the whole procedure, going to CVS and pretending to buy those money-pak things but at the very end deciding when they are asking for the numbers, telling them I've changed my mind and will take my chances in court :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
irwin-r-schyster.jpg

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I got bombarded with these scam calls all last year, especially in the Summer when I was getting sometimes 3 a day. A lot of times they would leave messages using voiceovers from Xtranormal (do-it-yourself animation text-to-speech software that was popular in 2010), which I found hilarious, and the message was always the same. I have x amount of hours to pay x amount of money or I will be taken to court and then to jail. I loved calling them back to **** with them. Pretended to be a cop and a real IRS agent on occasion and that would throw them for a loop.

Anyways I got my first one in at least 6 months if not longer, today. I called them back but it looks like the number got banned. I'm thinking about wasting a large chunk of their time next time they call. Pretend to go through with the whole procedure, going to CVS and pretending to buy those money-pak things but at the very end deciding when they are asking for the numbers, telling them I've changed my mind and will take my chances in court :laugh:

I had one of these scams call my place recently. Since I knew the IRS was an American thang, I quickly new that I was being taken for a ride. Instead of hanging up, I decided I was going to have some fun. I promptly took of my pants and then **** into the earpeice of the phone. The look of disgust on that guys face was priceless!

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I always pay my taxes online as soon as I get my tax forms, like late January/early February. Now I'm getting calls every single day from a company on a 800 number claiming to represent the IRS wanting me to enter into a payment plan. I've submitted the number to the IRS and AT&T Wireless. However, they keep calling. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination because I pay a ****ton in rent.

My personal theory is that someone is paying someone in the IRS for personal information.

JA

It seems that you've joined quite a few people who are doing similar things. Some have posted their conversations on YouTube, and some even have channels dedicated entirely to annoying scammers

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I always pay my taxes online as soon as I get my tax forms, like late January/early February. Now I'm getting calls every single day from a company on a 800 number claiming to represent the IRS wanting me to enter into a payment plan. I've submitted the number to the IRS and AT&T Wireless. However, they keep calling. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination because I pay a ****ton in rent.

My personal theory is that someone is paying someone in the IRS for personal information.

It's completely random like any other telemarketing scheme. The calls are coming from India mostly. All they know is almost everyone pays taxes and/or is scared of the IRS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad