anyone else hate the center ice salute to fans by the losers?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think Rangers started it off like 10 years ago or so after every home game? I dont know. But I remember them doing it and now teams seem to copy them.

I always thought it looked pretty dumb, and the play by play have to along with it.... "here's the players at centre ice saluting the crowd"
I think the Rangers only do it after wins

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
They exceeded expectations this year and many seen them as a wild card team. Appreciating their fans isn't stupid.

Agreed. Some people seem really intent on pushing the narrative that the Bruins are chokers.

I'm not a Bruins fan and have been defending them lately so feel like I need to take a Silkwood shower, but this team was not Cup favorites. When Krejci and Bergeron retired many were basically calling it over. They made it to the second round and took a very good Panthers team to 6 games.

To pretend that's somehow choking or a massive failure simply isn't true.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
just watched Boston add yet another playoff disappointment to their long ass list of them and yet the players do the little salute after the game to chants of "LET'S GO BRUINS"

this is the saddest zoomer shit ever (obviously it is some euro tradition lol) like you lost guys get in the dressing room don't soak in your participation medal
They're saluting the fans who supported and cheered them all year. It's a simple thank you.

This sounds like a you problem.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see what changes bruins make in the off-season considering how successful and dominant their regular season was

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
IDK there's not a chance in hell I'd stick around to watch the ritual humiliation of my team after shelling out ridiculous amounts of money for playoff tickets

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
In Japanese baseball crying is a big part of showing your team's fans you care when you lose, I want to see it incorporated in Hockey, specifically with Brad Marchand being forced to throw a full on toddler tantrum

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I don’t know if you’re interested in my perspective as a Swedish fan who usually stand up chanting and singing throughout my team’s games… But it’s like, we support them with our voices, and they play for us the fans. We shared the season together, we’ll be there through thick and thin. It’s not simply sports entertainment for us. And there’s nothing like the atmosphere in my team’s home arena when it’s packed and the standing section’s singing spreads into the seated crowd. If ever you get the opportunity in the future, I highly recommend visiting an SHL playoff game!

On another note, one North American hockey tradition that always felt weird to me but which I’ve come to appreciate, (and which has been adopted in Sweden), is the handshake line after playoff exits. I’ve often marveled at the restraint — or actual respect, even — at display in those lines. “How can you resist the opportunity to bash that guy’s face in: he got away with murder and was rewarded with a championship for it?”

I hate the handshake line too. Isiah and most of the Pistons walking off on Jordan is one of my favorite sports moments of all time, now that is the right way to handle the disappointment of a loss in front of your fans.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I hate it regardless of win or loss. It’s fake and dumb
are you too related? Or just OP's backup account to help support him?

Its a thank you to the fans for all their support this season. Nothing wrong with it at all. Guys sound like your parents signed you up for little league just to make friends as kids. How pathetic.

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
OP needs a hug and a tissue

Hugs? More euro bullshit

Real men refuse touch of any kind, get dumped by their significant other for being emotionally unavailable, leave angry drunken messages to their estranged children, and spend evenings getting angry at their favorite sports team, writing message board posts about how every player should be traded and all management should be fired, because they're all so f***ing soft.

In my day, players had the balls to go up into the stands and beat fans with their own shoe. But since those damn euros arrived, we've gotten "fan salutes", and "fan events" and "hockey is for everyone" and all sorts of woke, touchy-feely bullshit and they won't even let me in my local rink anymore because they say I "screamed homophobic slurs at pee-wee players". f***ing soft.

Pfft, "hugs". f***ing zoomers :rolleyes:

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Hugs? More euro bullshit

Real men refuse touch of any kind, get dumped by their significant other for being emotionally unavailable, leave angry drunken messages to their estranged children, and spend evenings getting angry at their favorite sports team, writing message board posts about how every player should be traded and all management should be fired, because they're all so f***ing soft.

In my day, players had the balls to go up into the stands and beat fans with their own shoe. But since those damn euros arrived, we've gotten "fan salutes", and "fan events" and "hockey is for everyone" and all sorts of woke, touchy-feely bullshit and they won't even let me in my local rink anymore because they say I "screamed homophobic slurs at pee-wee players". f***ing soft.

bro you ok? i mean i dont usually respond to the chirps but this one seems to come from deep lol

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Old_Man_Yells_at_cloud_cover.jpg

Hugs? More euro bullshit

HI IS THIS STILL AVAILABLE

H,,

SENT FROM MY SAMSUNG SMART FRIDGE

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
bro you ok? i mean i dont usually respond to the chirps but this one seems to come from deep lol

Concern is for the weak. If you had any respect for me, you'd come to my house and scream at me and punch me in the face, like real men do. Like Dad always did when I came home from a game having failed to score.

Which gives me a good idea for how an NHL team should end their season: a bare-knuckle brawl on the ice. 20 players + 80 fans selected at random; last 20 men still conscious win, and get to be on the team next year. That'll put an end to that namby-pamby bullshit real quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad