Anyone else feeling like this............

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
Though I am new to this board, and boards like this in general, believe me when I tell you that I take a back seat to no one when it comes to getting excited for hockey season, but I have to admit, with this particular team, the regular season just seems like, eh. I'm having a hard time getting up for it. Kuch will score a bunch, Stammer will get his share, Heddy will play great and even if the role players step up and have great seasons like most everyone did last year, it's like, who cares? The playoffs and the Cup are all that matters. I don't know, it's a strange feeling and the lesson of two years ago should have taught me to take nothing for granted, but I'm just not all that jazzed. Yet.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Though I am new to this board, and boards like this in general, believe me when I tell you that I take a back seat to no one when it comes to getting excited for hockey season, but I have to admit, with this particular team, the regular season just seems like, eh. I'm having a hard time getting up for it. Kuch will score a bunch, Stammer will get his share, Heddy will play great and even if the role players step up and have great seasons like most everyone did last year, it's like, who cares? The playoffs and the Cup are all that matters. I don't know, it's a strange feeling and the lesson of two years ago should have taught me to take nothing for granted, but I'm just not all that jazzed. Yet.
Give it time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You think TVR could fill some monster hole in the D lineup?!

Well, I've heard his intangibles are incredible.

:p Nah, we're just kidding around. Dom, a regular here, made some arguments on the tradeboard that will live on in jokes that will haunt him into adulthood. But we love him in a kid brother kind of way.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm kind of feeling the same way right now but I know once the season starts I'll be excited again. This off-season has seemed particularly dull even with all the Karlsson excitement

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Always feels this way. Same way it felt in 03-04 before we won like our first 10 games or something

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
I feel like hockey in general doesn't do a great job at advertising & hyping people up for the season. Maybe that's partly where I live and what I watch but even frequenting HFboards, BoltProspects (which seems to suck now that Chad left?) and RawCharge there there never seems to be enough info/hype/write ups following preseason games. I know it's not as big as the NFL and that is readily apparent. They have a lot of growing up to do as a league. The stream quality for preseason games? Really? What year is this?

With all of that said, when the regular season gets off I will be hyped up! Sure it's not the same as the playoffs and aside from hoisting the cup we have been a bit spoiled lately....aside from an off year. Don't take it for granted though. We've been through tough times in the past and this has been the best time to be a Bolts fan and hopefully with the Yzerman shakeup and promotion of JB it will continue to be...

Reactions: JDBolt

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The Bolts will be fine trust in the Yzerplan.... oh wait never mind. Trust in Cooper to get us over the hump. Sorry for being Mia lately. I have been following my alma mater and going to the games.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Was feeling a bit that way until I caught 2 days of Training Camp. That got me excited for hockey again. Then yesterday I went to the preseason game and all the crazy fun and excitement of being a Lightning fan came back full force! :D Now am waiting eagerly Fan Fest to start.

Gonna be one heckuva season!!
:bolts

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I feel like hockey in general doesn't do a great job at advertising & hyping people up for the season. Maybe that's partly where I live and what I watch but even frequenting HFboards, BoltProspects (which seems to suck now that Chad left?) and RawCharge there there never seems to be enough info/hype/write ups following preseason games. I know it's not as big as the NFL and that is readily apparent. They have a lot of growing up to do as a league. The stream quality for preseason games? Really? What year is this?

With all of that said, when the regular season gets off I will be hyped up! Sure it's not the same as the playoffs and aside from hoisting the cup we have been a bit spoiled lately....aside from an off year. Don't take it for granted though. We've been through tough times in the past and this has been the best time to be a Bolts fan and hopefully with the Yzerman shakeup and promotion of JB it will continue to be...

Chad is still there

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm definitely deflated coming in. The offense crapping out for a THIRD time deep in the playoffs isn't exactly going to leave an inspired feeling. Losing to the Hawks I could stomach. Losing to the Pens sucked but then they won it and it took the sting off. Missing the playoffs due to injury sucked but I couldn't fault the team due to the fact they damn near made it and only missed by a point and I was left with renewed optimism. Then last year happened. I'm apathetic and don't even want to get excited anymore.

If anything I'm bitter. All I've got to look forward to is 6 months of the guys completely half assing it trying not to get hurt.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
I'm definitely deflated coming in. The offense crapping out for a THIRD time deep in the playoffs isn't exactly going to leave an inspired feeling. Losing to the Hawks I could stomach. Losing to the Pens sucked but then they won it and it took the sting off. Missing the playoffs due to injury sucked but I couldn't fault the team due to the fact they damn near made it and only missed by a point and I was left with renewed optimism. Then last year happened. I'm apathetic and don't even want to get excited anymore.

If anything I'm bitter. All I've got to look forward to is 6 months of the guys completely half assing it trying not to get hurt.
I think you've kind of hit the nail on the head with your last sentence, though I don't know if bitter is the word I would use. I just think it's going to be a long reg season of the staff trying to keep the team sharp without expending too much energy. It's a tough tightrope to walk without accidentally falling into the trap of two years ago, which is my biggest fear.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Well, I've heard his intangibles are incredible.

:p Nah, we're just kidding around. Dom, a regular here, made some arguments on the tradeboard that will live on in jokes that will haunt him into adulthood. But we love him in a kid brother kind of way.
Aw thanks

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ill be happy/excited to have it back for a while. Then January/February rolls around and its pretty much the dog days of the NHL. Months in and still a few months out from Playoffs. Guys take nights off. PK doesnt bring the effort. People on here wonder what the hell is going on. Its just not the best hockey. Only way I think we avoid that is if we have to win games during that month due to tight races. Im hoping we start well like we did last year but hope that period during the winter there isnt so bad.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad