Anyone been to the Deutsche Bank Championship?

ShippinUpToBoston

May 19, 2010
Plymouth, MA
I was planning on going to the Deutsche Bank Champioship in Norton on Monday with my 11 year old son but this Monday I dropped a keg on my foot shattering my toe and losing my toe nail. I was given a pair of crutches and told to use them no matter what. How hard would it be to get around at this event on crutches? Would the crowds make it impossible to do so?

member 96824

Went last year...you could be fine if you were content with perching up on 2 or 3 holes all day, which honestly is pretty cool anyway

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
I was planning on going to the Deutsche Bank Champioship in Norton on Monday with my 11 year old son but this Monday I dropped a keg on my foot shattering my toe and losing my toe nail. I was given a pair of crutches and told to use them no matter what. How hard would it be to get around at this event on crutches? Would the crowds make it impossible to do so?

I don't think it would be too hard. I went last year, granted it wasn't on Monday, but I think you should be ok. I was with some friends and we decided to follow one group around the course, but if I were you I'd just find a nice spot on one of the holes and camp out. You can watch all the play go by and not worry about having to deal with moving around on the crutches. There's also a shuttle that goes from the parking lot to the course, with only a little bit of a walk in between. Loved it last year and was planning on going again, just kinda snuck up on me.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
A quick look at the course layout (i have reallllyyyy never been there) the 6th tee and 11th green are real close and you are close to like 4 other holes. that would be where i'd set up camp

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Not a problem if you stay put. Next time, my advice is to have your son help you with the keg....or switch to light beer.:)

Last edited:

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Went last year...you could be fine if you were content with perching up on 2 or 3 holes all day, which honestly is pretty cool anyway

A pretty good spot for this is the 16th green, but you'd need to arrive early. Also, call ahead and ask if you can get a ride to the gate because they park you at Comcast Center (Great Woods) next door and shuttle you to a nearby industrial property, then you have to huff it a million yards. Fine if you're healthy, not if you're on crutches. You need a connection, someone who can get you a pass to ride the media bus from the Brown Lot ... takes you right to the practice green and the range. From there, it's a walk on an asphalt trail down a little hill, right and up a hill to the 17th tee (on the left)/16th green (on your right). The back row of the bleachers at the 16th green gives you a possible view of the tee shot and/or second shot on 17. Shady spots there, too. Very nice. But you'd have to be sunrise early and, unless you get some special accomodation, be prepped for a long entry walk on those crutches.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
A quick look at the course layout (i have reallllyyyy never been there) the 6th tee and 11th green are real close and you are close to like 4 other holes. that would be where i'd set up camp

11 is a great par 3. If they had bleachers, watching from that green would be a nice spot.

The other one is hat/sunglasses territory, the tiny bleacher at the 10th. Crowds are crazy across the street there from 9 to 10, but it's a perfect view of the tee shot on the par 4 10th. Even better if it's Mickelson (left so he's facing you instead of back turned).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad