OT: Anyone attended a game in Buffalo?

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
making the trip down there for the first time for this one as well.

gonna hit up a wegmans for some dannys favourite subs before hand.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm going down as well with a couple buddies haha!

My parents have gone to some, they haven't had any issues. There is usually a fight though

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Just got my tixs for Nov 29 game. Gunna be my first leaf game in buffalo in 10ish years... Last game I went to.. If anyone remembers (dunno the year but we'll go about 10 years ago) was the one where leafs stormed back being down.. I wanna say 5-1 or 5-2 and kaberle with the ot winner for the 6-5 (I believe) victory!

lati4

Feb 26, 2012
I went to a Flyers and Sabres playoff game in Buffalo a few years back. Buffalo fans were fun to be around, then again they had a competitive team then so they might not be as into it for a regular season game when the team isn't the greatest. Nice stadium. Lots of places to park close to the rink.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
We go quite a bit.

If you want to stay in Buffalo, book at the Adams mark.

However, I suggest staying in Williamsville.

Great spot. Will be staying down to watch the saturday game at a sports bar

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I went to the game last year McLaren and Scott fought and Orr jumped Kaleta, good game to be at went to a shootout. The traffic is ****** leaving there its set up pretty poorly but there will be plenty of Leaf fans in there and its a good atmosphere

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
I went to the game last year McLaren and Scott fought and Orr jumped Kaleta, good game to be at went to a shootout. The traffic is ****** leaving there its set up pretty poorly but there will be plenty of Leaf fans in there and its a good atmosphere

Went to this game. Will be there on Nov 15th as well.

I enjoy it much more than at the ACC. Practically is a home game anyway. Leaf fans are always there in big numbers.

If you park at the arena, expect it to take at least 10-15 mins to exit the lot after the game, unless you leave early. Best thing to do is find parking away from the arena.

I personally like to hit Jim's Steakout for some late night hoagies right after the game. By the time you're done it won't be too busy at the border either.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
A Sabres fan spit in my buddy's face the last time he went to a Leafs/Sabres game in Buffalo.

So there's that..

EA Sports GM

Apr 2, 2013
Vancouver
Went to the Canucks game there earlier this season. Good amount of Canadians in town for the game, we were in no rush leaving so took our time. Great atmosphere, most of the fans were nice even though they lost. Drove through Niagara and stopped to see the Falls at night with the lights on on the way back.

EDIT: Although they might not be as friendly to in-division rivals.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Went to this game. Will be there on Nov 15th as well.

I enjoy it much more than at the ACC. Practically is a home game anyway. Leaf fans are always there in big numbers.

If you park at the arena, expect it to take at least 10-15 mins to exit the lot after the game, unless you leave early. Best thing to do is find parking away from the arena.

I personally like to hit Jim's Steakout for some late night hoagies right after the game. By the time you're done it won't be too busy at the border either.

At that game last year it took a lot longer than 10-15 minutes it was almost an hour I'm pretty sure.

And I think with how bad Buffalo has been this year the percentage of Leaf fans in that building will be even higher then last season. Kaleta wont be there to start any fireworks but Scott will still probably be ran after for going after Kessel

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
Thanks guys, got a room booked at the Adams Mark so not too worried about traffic. Hopefully beer prices arent too bad and we get some redemption on Scott.

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
I'm going to the game on the 15th as well. Anyone know of any good bars within walking distance of the arena for before and after the game?

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Yeah, I've been to lots... :)

It's really a great rivalry building. Don't think that just because the Sabres are bad that the locals won't show up for a Leafs game. The season ticketholders across the street offered me their games. I asked if any of the Leafs games weren't spoken for, and she immediately couched her first statement by saying "except for Leafs games - we're going to all of those".

The goal horn is looooouuud and long, and the fans are loud.

I haven't been to a game yet this season, but I did go to a bunch last year (and plenty before that).

As for the poster who suggested Williamsville... what? why? Why would you want to 20-30 minutes away from the arena? The lake front is not that bad an area. I work on the lake, just down the street from HSBC, and I walk to games all of the time. Roughly the same walk from the Adam's Mark. We put people up in that hotel all of the time, and it's a 5 minute walk to the arena.

Yeah... there's usually a fight in the stands.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Yup! I seen a game in Buffalo! Seen the Leafs beat them 4-2 in 77' or 78' It was a while ago......
I believe the current coach was a leaf then?

Last edited:

FrankReynolds19

Dec 19, 2011
I went there 2 seasons ago, Its a nice arena and they have good fans. It was like a 50/50 split of Leaf fans and Sabres fans. Should be interesting game too. Have fun and enjoy.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
I took my kids last year for the Frattin game-winner and sat in the top row of the arena. We got to witness a girl fight, which was entertaining...had to explain away some of the language. Classy place.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I've lived down here since I was 15 and gone to probably 30-40 games, including just about every Leafs game in the last 4-5 years.

I haven't been to a game yet this year, but in past years it's been about 50/50 Leafs/Sabres fans. With how the Sabres are doing now, and how we're doing I'd expect a 75/25 advantage for us, expect several Go Leafs Go chants.

The crowd is usually loud, either us cheering on the Leafs or the Sabres fans trying to drown us out.

Generally speaking, Buffalonians are good folk. If you don't act like a tool, they'll treat you well, regardless of the jersey you're wearing. But if you act like an idiot, expect to upset some people.

Ace88*

My desire to stay out of Barfalo far exceeds my desire to attend a Leaf game there.

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
Just got my tixs for Nov 29 game. Gunna be my first leaf game in buffalo in 10ish years... Last game I went to.. If anyone remembers (dunno the year but we'll go about 10 years ago) was the one where leafs stormed back being down.. I wanna say 5-1 or 5-2 and kaberle with the ot winner for the 6-5 (I believe) victory!

Was at that game, came out with my ears ringing louder than had I attended a Metallica concert, Leafs fans literally made the building shake there was so much cheering when they tied, then won the game.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

Generally speaking, Buffalonians are good folk. If you don't act like a tool, they'll treat you well, regardless of the jersey you're wearing. But if you act like an idiot, expect to upset some people.

I was going to say exactly this. Ive seen a Leafs play in Buffalo, and a Blackhawks game there as well. The home crowd was respectfull for both, and there was far more funny mockery back and forth than anything insulting.

As long as your not a tool, you wont be bothered by any Sabres fans.

Two things that always stand out to me about Buffalo fans: One, they are more often sports fans than simply homer fans. They seem to know alot about the league in general, and more than just the players/stories from their own team. And two, they seem to get down on their own team easily. I saw the Sabres play when they had cup hopes, and they still seemed to be easily deflated. May have something to do with the Bills 4 straight superbowl losses, but the local fans struck me as expecting a let down. The game I am talking about was actually like 6-1 win for Buffalo

wulfio*

I'm going down to watch the Leafs and Sabres Nov. 15 in Buffalo. Has anyone been before? What's it like?

better than the ACC, and a lot cheaper.

I was going to say exactly this. Ive seen a Leafs play in Buffalo, and a Blackhawks game there as well. The home crowd was respectfull for both, and there was far more funny mockery back and forth than anything insulting.

As long as your not a tool, you wont be bothered by any Sabres fans.

Two things that always stand out to me about Buffalo fans: One, they are more often sports fans than simply homer fans. They seem to know alot about the league in general, and more than just the players/stories from their own team. And two, they seem to get down on their own team easily. I saw the Sabres play when they had cup hopes, and they still seemed to be easily deflated. May have something to do with the Bills 4 straight superbowl losses, but the local fans struck me as expecting a let down. The game I am talking about was actually like 6-1 win for Buffalo

a good chunk of "Sabres fans" are just people from the golden horseshoe who think it's ridiculously expensive to go see a game at the ACC, so they head the other way and go down the QEW instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad