Any way the Sharks trade Clowe?

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
These are grown men, playing a contact sport. Im sure they love to spout the clowe narrative of how he sticks up for us, but he stop being a wuss. put the body on people and play the game.

Do I think clowe should be traded? probably not, he is at an all time low in value. I dont think GMs will overvalue him in this environment anymore. even then, the team is clicking and for whatever reason couture and havlat are doing a lot of damage on their own.

We are rolling four lines for the first time in a long time. clowe is one of my favorite players, but i am ready for him to step up and start playing a disciplined game. burrows was in the box once last night, yet he pissed our whole team off. it can be done.

That is the thing that bothers me about Clowe. I love it when throws big hits like he did on Tanev. He was mad. However, he looked more like Ben Eager than Ryane Clowe last night. He has to be disciplined. I like him out because he puts fear into the opposition when he plays physical. He is one of the best fighters in the league, but he has to pick his spots to fight better. I'm on the fence with Clowe. If he continues to play like Ben Eager, he should be traded. If he plays like the Ryane Clowe of old, keep him.

ArcataShark

in dubious battle
Jul 3, 2010
Eugene
I hope we don't trade him. He is way to fun to watch. How did he get outta the box and into the hallway soo fast??? Lol he was going crazy and we were winning, I like it.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
While I can appreciate what Clowe is trying to do, I didn't like what I saw from Clowe last night at all. It's an easy evaluation after watching Stuart perfectly execute what Clowe wanted to just a day earlier.

Honestly, there is no place for such childish antics on the 2nd line. If Clowe wants to be Scott Parker then put him on the 4th line and bench him every other game. Sharks PK saved his butt yesterday.

To answer the question, no. If the Sharks trade Clowe they don't get much back for him. His value is incredibly low.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So far this season, Kassian is a top 6 forward. He's skating w/ the Sedin's (effectively I might add) and is 4th on Canucks in ESTOI among forwards.

I get what you're saying about Clowe but this was a good player to take off the ice for 5 minutes.

As for the rest of his melt down...well that's a different story.

So? The Canucks are missing Kesler and Booth, they have to shove someone into the top-6 that wouldn't be there otherwise. Unless you're trying to tell me that Mason Raymond is also a top-6 forward.

Yeah, I suppose a Kassian-Clowe swap was good for us, considering it meant that Clowe would be off the ice for five minutes. Addition by subtraction and all that.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
So? The Canucks are missing Kesler and Booth, they have to shove someone into the top-6 that wouldn't be there otherwise. Unless you're trying to tell me that Mason Raymond is also a top-6 forward.

Yeah, I suppose a Kassian-Clowe swap was good for us, considering it meant that Clowe would be off the ice for five minutes. Addition by subtraction and all that.

heh, I think in this case, Kassian has been producing, and he plays in front of the net a lot. I thought it was a good swap at the time, and I still do. but everything clowe did after that was pretty dumb.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
heh, I think in this case, Kassian has been producing, and he plays in front of the net a lot. I thought it was a good swap at the time, and I still do. but everything clowe did after that was pretty dumb.

No, I agree. Kassian has been playing well (although he was invisible last night), and I'm okay with Clowe taking him off.

FTR, I want to see Clowe traded, but I 1) doubt there's a trade out there that would benefit us. I've seen some things on the Trade Forum that I'd be okay with, but obviously those people are not GM's, and 2) DW would never move Clowe. We know they're trying to re-sign him.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
No, I agree. Kassian has been playing well (although he was invisible last night), and I'm okay with Clowe taking him off.

FTR, I want to see Clowe traded, but I 1) doubt there's a trade out there that would benefit us. I've seen some things on the Trade Forum that I'd be okay with, but obviously those people are not GM's, and 2) DW would never move Clowe. We know they're trying to re-sign him.

You watch your mouth. They could be GM's if they really wanted. They would rather just troll the HF boards though.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

so, if Clowe is traded who takes his spot on the 2nd line, someone capable of protecting Couture and Havlat I would hope......and wouldn't that be the same type of player as Clowe? Last night was clear evidence of clowes value to the Sharks.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
i honestly thought couture pissing burrows off had more of an effect on the play than clowe. and really you just find times to insert burish and let him run wild a bit. part of the reason we signed him.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
If we trade Clowe, we need a top 6 player or at least a 2nd/3rd line tweener back period. I don't mind trading Murray for a pick since we're deep on defense but we're not deep at all on offense. If we trade Clowe w/o getting a top 6 player in return and promote Gomez to the top 6, then what happens if/when someone gets injured? Galiardi or Wingels would have to move up and they're nowhere near as proven as Clowe. Right now if a top 6 player gets hurt, Gomez can move up and fill it which I am comfortable with. I don't think Wingels will be anything more than an energy bottom 6 player and Gali is inconsistent. If Gomez lives up to expectations, he can be the 2nd/3rd line tweener that Seto was a few years back so if someone gets injured he can fill in fine and not be out of place talent wise. I'd like to keep it that way unless you can get someone as good or better than Clowe back in a trade.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

I think she meant Kassian as a Top-6 forward in the same sense that yes, Mason Raymond is currently a Top-6 forward. It doesn't matter what their actual skill is, currently they are in the Top-6 depth wise for Vancouver. Softens the blow a little since it was a Top-6 for Top-6 swap, but I still didn't like it. You shouldn't fight someone when you're up by 2, it'll just give the opposition momentum.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
Clowe had two assissts tonight and was all over the place (yes including in the penalty box), and thats how you know he was involved in the game. If Clowe did nothing then he wouldn't be doing his job. Keep it up Clowe Dog!

Didn't realize he had a couple of assists. Would like to see some goals from him, but a couple of assists is not too shabby.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think she meant Kassian as a Top-6 forward in the same sense that yes, Mason Raymond is currently a Top-6 forward. It doesn't matter what their actual skill is, currently they are in the Top-6 depth wise for Vancouver. Softens the blow a little since it was a Top-6 for Top-6 swap, but I still didn't like it. You shouldn't fight someone when you're up by 2, it'll just give the opposition momentum.

That is a very valid argument and yes, that's the point I was trying to make when I said "Kassian is skating as a top 6 forward so far this season".

Clowe was angry from the opening faceoff last night and he's been frustrated with his start - it completely boiled over during the game. While it was sort of entertaining to watch as a hockey fan, as a Sharks fan, I didn't much like it either.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
There is no way Gomez should be in the top-6. I may be alone here, but he didn't impress me at all. I'd much rather have Galiardi in the top-6; he's looked really fantastic despite being saddled with Handzus.

SantaClaraShark

Jan 27, 2013
Can we get Setoguchi back if his production continues to drop in Minnesota? It seems like he is still bitter about being traded away from his favorite team.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That is a very valid argument and yes, that's the point I was trying to make when I said "Kassian is skating as a top 6 forward so far this season".

Clowe was angry from the opening faceoff last night and he's been frustrated with his start - it completely boiled over during the game. While it was sort of entertaining to watch as a hockey fan, as a Sharks fan, I didn't much like it either.

I didn't like the holding the stick and the tripping calls. He knows better. His "high stick" penalty was just a bad call by the official which led to his meltdown. Should he have kept his cool? Definetly hes a veteran player but I don't blame him for being upset. He plays on the edge and sometimes he goes over it.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
Gomez is as advertised. He's good at getting the puck in the offensive zone, and a pretty decent playmaker for the PP. At even strength, however, he's clueless when he gets the puck into the offensive zone. He needs to simplify and just chip the puck in deep.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
What Clowe did last night was absolutely unacceptable, and I would have been furious with him if I was one of his teammates. 33 penalty minutes? Trying to destroy the penalty box with his stick & yelling at the ref? Getting out-muscled on a play, and his response is to hold the guys stick? Not to mention how much time we spent killing penalties instead of being in 5 on 5 situations. Just absolute amateur hour, and like someone else said, I don't expect this circus act from a 2nd line player. The one that irked me the most was him instigaiting a fight when we're up 2-0. Why would you do that, and risk swinging the momenteum to the Canucks? And what also irked me, is how many fans loved the Clowe show last night...that's not hockey, it's buffoonery.

There is no point in trading him now for the reason mentioned before (trade value too low). However, he needs to do two things. 1) Be moved to the 3rd line 2) Play like a PF instead of trying to live a dream that he's a slick stick handling & scoring Euro. He's holding back Havlat & Corture's production, because he doesn't have the same skill set & can't keep up with them (he hasn't looked like his legs are under him all season). If he plays a meat & potatoes game on the 3rd line, them we have a Stanley Cup caliber team...but he can't be on the 2nd line anymore (and no, I don't know who to promote...that's another problem).

Pumped the Sharks are 5-0, but we can't continue to have Clowe & the 2nd line be a black hole, especially when the non-production is due to Ben Eager like stunts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad