Any updates on Milian Hedjuk

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL
There hasn't been any updates on Hedjuk since July. He is still a free agent but hasn't been able to find a team. So is he still looking or is going to retire? Is he still in Denver or went back to Czech Republic?
I kind of hope he signs a deal with the Avs and plays for this last season or just retire as an AV.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I hope they sign Hejduk and replace that boxer on skates Bordeleau.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
My understanding is he permanently lives in Denver and he is waiting there for any interest. Maybe his camp thinks the injury bug will hit the Avs or another team and they'll call sometime this season. He'll probably just retire though.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Part of me wishes Hejduk could play or be a part of the team even for like 25 games this season...so he can have 1 last fun, great year to make up for the 4 dogsh** years of Sacco. Those must not have been fun, especially for an older guy.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I hope Hejduk is at peace with how this has all played out. It really looks like the end of his career couldn't have come at a worse time, but all things told he has a lot more to be thankful for. He had a great career and won a Stanley Cup.

I'd like to think the Avs would still consider him an option if the injury bug hit...

shall564

Oct 26, 2013
If injuries hit us hard (like they seem to every year) then I would have no problem with them giving Hedjuk one last kick at the cat.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
When your nick name is Duke, it's only fitting you ride off into the sunset.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I hope he keeps himself in shape. I would guess odds are 50-50 the Avs have a need for a depth forward around the signing deadline.

I doubt he is doing it...but a part of me hopes he is working out like a beast and that he might have something in him like Selanne did in his comeback a few years ago....but sadly I don't think that will happen.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Friend of mine claims he saw Hejduk and Family around section 132 @ Pepsi Center during the 1st intermission of the Avs/Stars game.

Oh...and there is only 1 Duke of Denver....
51%2BCYjKg1KL._SY300_.jpg

:D :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad