Post-Game Talk: Any time we beat the Hawks, it's a good night

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
after catching most of the past few dogs, it looks like I missed a good one. Guess Mantha was just dragging the team down this whole time.

GrafSk8r12

Jul 4, 2011
This was such a satisfying game to watch. So glad that Chicago lost in their last trip ever to the Joe.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Well if you're gonna screw up and win, you might as well do it against the Blackhawks! :D

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Yes, I think most Wings fans would prefer to win against the Hawks. Good team or sucky team.

C'mon. We're still going to lose. Let's enjoy the ones we get. Why does this board HAVE TO BE SO DAMN NEGATIVE?! All of the time. Even when we beat good teams. Sheesh

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Even though Detroit won I was still getting angry with them all game long. The amount of shooting opportunities they passed up was amazing. That Nielsen, Helm, and Abby play was the cherry on top. First I was amazed that they even got 3 good passes away, then stunned, think it was Helm, he passed it back when he had a great shooting opportunity.

It's almost like every single play we are looking for a pass back, even when the player has a great shot available.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
This would have been the one time in my life where losing to the Hawks wouldn't make me feel like complete crap! In fact I'd kinda thank them. Of course they lost though, probably trying to screw us out of a better draft position.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Tatar-Z-Nyquist looked like an actual 1st line. It was really nice to see.

I swear to god the reason we're flanking Hank with those guys right now is to boost their summer trade value. And it's working. Anyone scouting Hank and Nyquist right now would take note of how they look with legit center talent. If they stick with Hank they could really salvage their season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really, really like Nick Jensen..

Welcome aboard, I have been sitting on this near empty bandwagon for years.:laugh::laugh:

Really good effort by the boys last night. It was awesome to see them do that, was with a couple buddies that root for the Hawks so watching their frustration after the season we have been having was fun. Nice to be on the other end of one of those games. The Wings deserved to win, they played better than one of the league heavies last night, good on them.

The most disheartening part of the Boston loss was I really don't expect us to be a team that quits when the going gets tough. To date I have liked the effort on a lot of nights, we just aren't that good. But I do think the boys are playing hard for the most part, I hope they keep that up in their final games of the season.

Lgw

Feb 4, 2016
It's an ambarasment that Jensen hasn't been up all year and even the last two years. He could have really helped us out the last couple years. Arguably the best d man on the team.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
It's an ambarasment that Jensen hasn't been up all year and even the last two years. He could have really helped us out the last couple years. Arguably the best d man on the team.

Yeah he seems like a nice little 3rd pairing player.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
So glad most everyone is on the Jensen train now. Was annoying when he was playing well and people were still calling for Sproul in his place.

Great game last night, always a treat to watch the Wings beat the Hawks but last night is was a little more special I'd say with how good they are, how bad we are, and it being their last visit to the Joe.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I don't see the comparison

He probably means skating ability and both are players that are suppose to be offensive minded.

Smith is more physical and can get meaner. But is a complete bonehead and his offense never translated to the NHL. Jensen is softer, but a much better skater and is proving to have much more hockey IQ.

I guess I could see if Smith panned out and Jensen was more physical, I could see the comparisons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad