Any quality NCAA free agents this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I've been looking through stats for the NCAA and have seen a few impressive performances so far. I was wondering if anyone has any info on any players that could get some attention from NHL teams as free agents this year coming out of college. Anyone know of any?

Hockeypuck

From Maine Prestin Ryan a defenseman and Frank Doyle goal are both FA's.Ryan has a real nasty side to him,but defensively he has been the best player on the ice for most of his games this year. And Doyle is a very solid fundamentally sound goalie who puts up great numbers.

Saprykin Fan

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
for

for Colorado College,

Tyler Liebel, very underrated player
Andrew Canzanello, though hes went to washingtons camps in summer so he'll probablly sign with them.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Kritty said:
I've been looking through stats for the NCAA and have seen a few impressive performances so far. I was wondering if anyone has any info on any players that could get some attention from NHL teams as free agents this year coming out of college. Anyone know of any?

Can you be a little more specific? I can give you a long list, but I thought that I'd save you some reading time.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Voodoo Daddy said:
I'm guessing that he'd like to know who the next Sejna, Liles, Preissing, Kunitz (etc) will be. I know i would :)

Among forwards: I have to say Tony Voce (BC) and Ryan Vesce (Cornell). These guys have been tearing it up for I don't know how long. Both are small players (about 5'8) but what they both lack in size they make up for with some explosive offence, particularly Voce. I saw the BC game versus Providence and he just undressed those Friars Dmen!

Among Defencemen: Thomas Pöck out of UMass. He leads the nation in scoring among Defencemen and I believe he also leads all UMass players in scoring as well. This guys possesses some of the softest hands around and just a fluid skater too.

Among Goaltenders: Yann Danis out of Brown. I have yet to see Brown this season, but I'm really looking forward to it for several reasons and Danis is one of them. He's rankeds near or at the top of the nation in virtually every goaltedning catagory, and has helped make Brown a force to be reckoned with, particularly this season.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
thank you.

Oilers Chick said:
Among Defencemen: Thomas Pöck out of UMass. He leads the nation in scoring among Defencemen and I believe he also leads all UMass players in scoring as well. This guys possesses some of the softest hands around and just a fluid skater too.

Sounds mighty impressive.
Is there anything else to know about this guy?
He seems to have good NHL size (6'1 & 200), how is his all around game? Could he step into a lineup next year?

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Oilers Chick was right on with her guys. Yann and Pock are locks, teams were already trying to get Danis to leave after last year, and Pock should have been drafted when he was eligible, but he was so good Umass couldn't decide wether to use him as a forward or a D-man early in his career, and I think that hurt him, since he wasn't able to showcase himself as a great Offensive D-man. Voce and Vesce have size concerns, but they will sign on at least at the AHL level.

A name I will add is Tim Pettit of Harvard. He needs to have a good year like he did last year, but he should be getting lots of attention.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was impressed with Rene Bourque from UWisconsin. He's got good size, and was doing a good bit of hitting, but I don't know much about him, just saw him in 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad