Any of you nerds play flight simulators?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
No so much a simulator but World of Warplanes might be of interest to some

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
I have played them quite a bit over the years although I was more into the combat variety. I was really getting into DCS world flying ops in an F-14 and A-10 and then my gaming rig went kaput. War Thunder has a sim mode that is fairly decent but not as detailed compared to a real sim like DCS. The last time I played it, the sim community had shrunk quite a bit, so I had to play more in "realistic mode" which is keyboard/mouse focused versus sim mode with a stick. War thunder is free, but grindy as hell, so it may be worth giving a try.

Edit: Whoops. I forgot about the IL2 games which have their flaws but are decent games, especially if you get them on sale.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What was the last good Microsoft sim? X? I played a ton of it despite not really having the proper rig at the time for it.

I don’t have the rig for something more modern right now though.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Like I do?:D I'm looking forward to Microsoft FS2020, let's hope they don't botch it like they did with Flight. So far it looks amazing.

Curious if anyone flying XPlane 11 will ditch it for FS20?

I played allot of FSX, but binned it 1-2 years ago. Will probably acquire FS2020 though.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Never played these games before. Looks great but had a question. Is there any substance to the gameplay? Are there any missions or what not or is this game basically for the flight experience/visuals?

Reactions: Ricelund

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden

Never played these games before. Looks great but had a question. Is there any substance to the gameplay? Are there any missions or what not or is this game basically for the flight experience/visuals?

There are missions (from what I have read) and free flight. Once you get more proficient you might want to sign up for a "virtual airline" which means you fly according to schedules like real airlines.

Virtual airline (hobby) - Wikipedia

There is "real" online ATC on VATSIM and similar.
VATSIM.net | The International Online Flying Network

Career mode is very high up on the flightsim community's wish list but afaik it has not been confirmed by MS/Asobo.

Obviously Avsim forum is also a good place to start.
Microsoft Flight Simulator

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad