Speculation: Any of this work

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Getting a little bored waiting for the draft, so I came up with this somewhat convoluted maneuver for the Wings to get another top 10 draft pick. Here goes-

To Calgary: Vegas 2018 1st(30/31) + Detroit 2018 2nd(36)+ Pitt 2018 3rd + NYI 2019 2nd + Jensen/McIlrath/Russo
To Detroit: Doug Hamilton + Jon Gillies

Detroit then auctions Hamilton off to one of one of the following(with potential returns)
Ottawa: 4th OA + Logan Brown.
Arizona: 5th OA + Brandon Perlini
Vancouver: 7th OA + Ben Hutton
Chicago: 8th OA + Connor Murphy
NYR: 9th OA + Brett Howden
Edmonton: 10th OA +Puljujarvi

Why does Calgary do this??? The picks that the Wings send their way will fill the holes created by previous Flames trades.
Ottawa does this in anticipation of losing Karlsson
Zona does this in anticipation of losing OEL
Vancouver does this to solidify their blue line
Chicago does this because both Keith and Seabrook are getting old
NYR does this because, adding Hamilton to Staal, Shattenkirk and Skjei makes for a very decent top 4.
Edmonton does this because(like the Rangers)adding Hamilton to Klefbom, Larsson and Nurse makes for a top 4 all under the age of 26.

As stated above, Detroit does this to get another top 10 pick.

PS: Wings willing to add if necessary with the exceptions of Larkin, Mantha , Bert, Rasmussen, Hronek and Cholowski.

Let me have it(but please be gentile as I have a heart condition). Thx for the input.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
Respectfully, calgary imo isn't gonna trade Hamilton for a bunch of magic beans. I highly doubt he gets traded. but if he does its for a high end forward. Value isn't great either because that vegas 1st is basically a 2nd. id pass

Reactions: north49er

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
CGY is not a rebuilding team. if they move Dougie it is for an equivalent valued Fwd, not futures. The package that DRW uses to acquire is hella lot shittier than the subsequent DRW deals you are proposing imo. CGY should just deal directly with those teams

Reactions: Skippy73

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
No way AZ touches any of that. OEL is also going to resign, so losing the 5OA AND Perlini makes absolutely zero sense.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
If the goal is to acquire another top 10 pick, instead of trading for Hamilton (at a shockingly undervalued price) only to then auction him off to the higher bidder, why don't you just start a value of Larkin thread and see where that goes...

P.S. Ottawa says no but you already knew that.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Getting a little bored waiting for the draft, so I came up with this somewhat convoluted maneuver for the Wings to get another top 10 draft pick. Here goes-

To Calgary: Vegas 2018 1st(30/31) + Detroit 2018 2nd(36)+ Pitt 2018 3rd + NYI 2019 2nd + Jensen/McIlrath/Russo

That deal doesn't get Hamilton, nevermind adding Gillies. DET doesn't have the expendable assets to get a top 10 pick.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Detroit then auctions Hamilton off to one of one of the following(with potential returns)

Why does Calgary do this??? The picks that the Wings send their way will fill the holes created by previous Flames trades.
NYR does this because, adding Hamilton to Staal, Shattenkirk and Skjei makes for a very decent top 4.
Edmonton does this because(like the Rangers)adding Hamilton to Klefbom, Larsson and Nurse makes for a top 4 all under the age of 26.

PS: Wings willing to add if necessary with the exceptions of Larkin, Mantha , Bert, Rasmussen, Hronek and Cholowski.

Let me have it(but please be gentile as I have a heart condition). Thx for the input.
Canucks decline

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Respectfully, calgary imo isn't gonna trade Hamilton for a bunch of magic beans. I highly doubt he gets traded. but if he does its for a high end forward. Value isn't great either because that vegas 1st is basically a 2nd. id pass
And as Brian Burke said..."if you trade away a 6'6" defenseman you'll be looking for a 6'6" defenseman to take his place."
He's not going anywhere.

Reactions: Owen Doty

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

How are all these things equal. I think all of these values are optimistic, but Puljujarvi clearly stands out among thag group

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

How is it that you think Detroit can get Hamilton for a bunch of scrap pieces but then magically flip him for a top 10 pick + A prospect right after?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How are all these things equal. I think all of these values are optimistic, but Puljujarvi clearly stands out among thag group

Especially considering there’s almost no if any separation between picks 5 and 12.

It’s Dahlin, then Svech, then Zadnia, then most people think Bouchard, then who the hell knows from 5-12. There’s ten guys that could go in any order there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad