Any new/good Oiler highlight videos out there?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
This one is a little different, with a little more upbeat music. Not many views on it so far. Was posted on the oilers group on FB a little while ago. Not bad but it includes pretty much all the young kids.

Pretty decent. :)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
This one is a little different, with a little more upbeat music. Not many views on it so far. Was posted on the oilers group on FB a little while ago. Not bad but it includes pretty much all the young kids.

I don't typically "take" to that type of music, but it totally works for me in this video.

Gotta love the Eberle snipes that are shown.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Nice find

That Gryba highlight is evil though, poor Eller just splattering blood all over at 3:41

But I feel that gives you an idea what kind of crazy Gryba can bring to the ice. We need that kind of crazy TBH. Enough being the pushovers. TAKE SOME SHOTS (clean one's albeit). Gotta get in the competition's head's early.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I know that it's not last year but this is still my favorite highlight vid (must have seen it about 50 times), of course done by Fitter The Great. The amazing highlights, the music, the editing. Love it

I predict big things for RNH this season and an end to those ridiculous RNH trade proposals.
We saw some of that rookie offensive flair once the Eakins stench wore off.
He will be the biggest beneficiary of the McDavid addition.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
^^ still have no clue how that vid got so many hits lol. Wish I would have used more transitions than just that zoom one. Makes me dizzy watching it now haha. I was pretty raw at editing then. Still am I suppose.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
But I feel that gives you an idea what kind of crazy Gryba can bring to the ice. We need that kind of crazy TBH. Enough being the pushovers. TAKE SOME SHOTS (clean one's albeit). Gotta get in the competition's head's early.

Absolutely, somebody needs to be making those hits in the preseason. Show Vancouver and Calgary not to **** around in the regular season.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
^^ still have no clue how that vid got so many hits lol. Wish I would have used more transitions than just that zoom one. Makes me dizzy watching it now haha. I was pretty raw at editing then. Still am I suppose.

It got so many hits because it's freaking awesome, don't be so hard on yourself. Embrace the greatness. Stop being so McDavidish humble. ;)

Really looking forward to your season opening vid.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I hate this thread. I was doing okay before watching these videos. Now I hate the concept of time.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I hate this thread. I was doing okay before watching these videos. Now I hate the concept of time.

e7f1_surrealist_melting_clock.jpg

Take that time!

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton

Just found this. Not too shabby.

Fun video, but that music really killed it for me.

Fitter uses the best music. It's very neutral. You can't really hate it.

I don't want to hear one direction or whatever that was in a highlight video

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Ive been working on two this past week. One is all McDavid one is all Oilers.

Ill post them here soon.

Also, by far the hardest part of editing these videos is finding good footage. :rant:

That See You Again video, I have no clue how that guy got all that sweet footage.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC

Ill post them here soon.

Also, by far the hardest part of editing these videos is finding good footage. :rant:

That See You Again video, I have no clue how that guy got all that sweet footage.

Finding good footage isn't the hard part in this day and age. Putting it together into a watchable, entertaining, and coherent story is by far harder. Good editing skills are way more important imo.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton

Ill post them here soon.

You can find all of that footage on the oilers website. Go to June 26th on OilersTV. One vid is called True Blue and the other is called Sound of Change. When footage is that good it's guaranteed to be an Oiler production.

I'd post both vids if I wasn't on mobile. Pretty good vids for this thread actually.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
You can find all of that footage on the oilers website. Go to June 26th on OilersTV. One vid is called True Blue and the other is called Sound of Change. When footage is that good it's guaranteed to be an Oiler production.

I'd post both vids if I wasn't on mobile. Pretty good vids for this thread actually.

Wow. That "see you again" guy got almost all his clips from that sound of change vid...

Thanks McFitter, this gives me a few more options for my edit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad